We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Hi all, I have learned so much from you, but I can't nail this down.

I would like to go from the Dolores Alba to Tulum via some kind of ADO bus. We will have quite a bit of luggage and six people, so I would prefer a first class bus.

I plan to taxi to Vallodolid/Piste and then catch the bus from there. I am uncertain of the distance and the cost involved, if anyone has any ideas.

Would it be better to taxi from Dolores Alba straight to Tulum? Any ideas on what the cab fare would be? How painful would this be with two children? In late July?

Any advice/ ideas is very welcome! Thanks much for your help!

Phildelphiawills

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Pretty please Help!

Thanks for any info!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,681 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Not certain what Dolores Alba you are talking about---maybe Chichen Itza? And confused by the mention of Vallodolid/Piste since they are about 30 minutes apart

If from Chichen to Valladolid, not sure of the taxi cost but would be reasonable. (you would require two taxis) Another option is to take a collectivo to Valladolid--they take you in front of the bus terminal.

Probably the best option is that ADO operates 3 first class buses each day directly from the Chichen ruins--departs in the parking lot. You can see the times and prices at www.ticketbus.com.mx

Hope this helps!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,681 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

I should have said, ADO operates 3 first class buses each day from Chichen to Tulum. You can buy tickets with assigned seats in advance.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Thanks for the response Robert! Sorry the post was not clear. Yes, I do mean the Chichen Itza Dolores Alba.

The reason that I said Vallodolid/piste is that I think that Piste is closer to the ruins and I was guessing that they have their own bus station.

With regard to the ADO bus from Chichen Itza and the collectivos, the problem is luggage. I am hoping to get there in the afternoon, have dinner, see the light show, stay the night, see the ruins in the AM and then go onto Tulum. And somehow work around the checkout time with the luggage. That's why I was wondering how expensive a cab to either Vallodolid or Piste bus station would be.I am resigning myself to a rental car, but if I could make the bus thing work I would prefer it.

Thanks for your help!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,681 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Piste has no first class bus service and I am sure that is what you want. Not certain what your luggage concern is exactly. If you use the ADO first class bus, you can check most any amount of luggage. Other option would be taxis (you would need two--and the taxis are small so luggage could be a problem) and shouldnt be expensive to Valladolid. Other option might be to see if Dolores Alba could arrange a van to take you to Valladolid.

My choice would be the ADO first class bus to Tulum from Chichen. Very comfortable buses--I rode ADO today from Valladolid to Playa del Carmen with a stop in Tulum.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
158 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

Thanks Robert!

7. Re: Piste/VAllodolid to Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 04:15