We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to Valladolid from Cancun or Playa del Carmen

Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
to Valladolid from Cancun or Playa del Carmen

I'm planning a trip to Valladolid and Chichen Itza. We are arriving in Cancun from the U.S. at 12:30. We were planning on going by bus to Valladolid but have been advised that it is shorter to go to Playa del Carmen and go from there. I am not familiar enough with the region and can't tell by the maps to tell if that's correct. We are looking for the shortest route.

Any advice? Thanks much!!! -Lynn

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: to Valladolid from Cancun or Playa del Carmen

It's only best to go from Play del Carmen if you already in Playa del Carmen. It would make no sense to spend the hour getting to PDC by bus to then get on a bus to go to Valladolid.

Just get the 35 peso bus from the airport to the Cancun bus station and then catch the next first class bus to Valladolid. You'll be in Valladolid 2.5 hours later.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,722 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to Valladolid from Cancun or Playa del Carmen

The ADO bus times are approx. the same from either Playa or Cancun---slightly longer from Playa. It would be best to take the ADO airport bus to the Cancun terminal and then the ADO bus from there. The buses from Cancun are a bit more frequent to Valladolid than from Playa---and the buses from the airport to Cancun also frequent.

Iowa
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: to Valladolid from Cancun or Playa del Carmen

Thanks to you both. I got the flu had to postpone my trip. My friend went on and took a bus from Playa del Carmen to Cancun and transferred on the Chichen Itza. -iowa

4. Re: to Valladolid from Cancun or Playa del Carmen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 20:19