We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Directions for valladolid to Coba and Coba to cancun

Amherst, MA
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Need Directions for valladolid to Coba and Coba to cancun

Dear Folks,

I am planning on driving from Valladolid to Coba and then back to Tulum.

I have not been able to confirm if there is a working road connecting Coba to Rt 180 (libre or cuota). Is there one, and what is it called if it exists? How long would it take from Coba to Cancun this way?

Or do I either have to return to Valladolid, or go down to Tulum and take 307 North back to Cancun?

Also How long would it take from Coba to Tulum

And from Tulum to Cancun?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

The google maps were not very good for this Coba area.

Elena

Valladolid, MX
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Directions for valladolid to Coba and Coba to cancun

Sorry I missed seeing your thread until now.

There is a road that connects Coba to the libre. I dont know the name, but there are huge signs everywhere and you cant miss it. It takes about 40 minutes.

From Coba and the libre you can also get to Cancun easily, but I don't know the name of that road either, unfortunately. This road is a little less indicated by signs, but the folks in Coba can easily point you in that direction because most of them have taken that road many times. Cancun is about 75 minutes from Coba that way.

From Coba to Tulum, it's about 25 minutes.

From Tulum to Cancun is 1 and 1/2 hours.

I hope this helps and is not too late. If you absolutely need to know the name of the roads I can ask a taxi driver here but I doubt that they know either.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,388 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Directions for valladolid to Coba and Coba to cancun

This site in in spanish but not difficult to understand. A great source of driving information:

…sct.gob.mx/sibuac_internet/ControllerUI…

3. Re: Need Directions for valladolid to Coba and Coba to cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 06:23