We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Private House - Valladolid

New York, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Great Private House - Valladolid

Hi all

Just back from Valladolid and found a great private apartment / house in the center and thought I would post it here. It's super hard to find a tourist-oriented private house (it took me several days) but this one is great and has lots of nice amenities.

Price was a reasonable $50 per night.

The owners are an American (she) and Mexican (he) couple and are super friendly and also took us to nearby attractions (Ek Balaam and Chichen Itza) for much less than a taxi.

House is two stories, beautifully painted and decorated, sleeps four in two beds (more can sleep there in hammocks), has a great view of a cathedral and is a few blocks from four or five cenotes and of course the main square.'

There is a great patio outdoors with chairs, tables, hammock... We lived there! My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

Included was bottled water, coffee, candles / torches for the outdoors. We asked them to find us a Mayan cook and they did, the cook made us amazing meals! Our most memorable food experience in the Yucatan...

Valla is a great town, not touristy at all, and we felt like we had a authentic, Mayan experience.

Contact info below. Tell them Brigitte from NYC sent you! And feel free to PM me w/any questions about Valla or the casa.

cell (52) 985-101-4713

address: #198B Calle 41 (entre 38 & 40)

email: lois261979@hotmail.com

1. Re: Great Private House - Valladolid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 10:20