We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queso Relleno in Valladolid

Fort Worth Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Queso Relleno in Valladolid

I was wanting to know if there a restaurant where I can get Queso Relleno in Valladolid?

Merida, Mexico
Level Contributor
863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

I think the Meson del Marquez on the Main Plaza serves it...and I understand they do an especially good job at it!

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

In Valladolid you should visit the Taberna de los Frailes or Taberna del Fraile which is fantastic food in a beautiful setting, beautifully presented. Try their longaniza nachos (enough for a hundred) or the grilled watermelon and panela cheese appie. Delish!

They may also have their take on my personal favorite (queso relleno) as well, but I don't remember.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,391 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

Good choice, Bill. In my opinion Taberna de los Frailes much better than Meson del Marquez. But also cant remember if they have queso relleno.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,702 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

We should get together for a meal sometime! I really enjoyed their food, the ambience and the care taken in the presentation of everything. Did you notice the napkin rings? They're made from the pointy spikes of the henequen plants and a local vine. A real surprise when I first tried this place!

Fort Worth Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

Thanks for the replies I just wish I would have gotten them sooner. We just got home last night. I did get Queso Relleno at El Meson, it was good but very different from the one I had in Merida. I do plan on going back and i will have to try Taberna de los Frailes next time. I loved Valladolid.

IHX
Atenas, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

You might also consider checking out the lunch counters in the local markets of Motul and Tixkokob. Silvio Campos, a very famous Yucatecan chef, and his family have a food booth in the Tixkokob market. A few years ago on a Yucatecan Culinary Tour, I spent a day in the home of Silvio Campos and his family to cook and eat dinner with him in his kitchen. Among other things, we made Queso Relleno. It was a glorious day.

7. Re: Queso Relleno in Valladolid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2012, 04:20