We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life & cenote

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Night life & cenote

Could someone please suggest places to go during evenings in Valladolid? We'll be there for 2 nights (Thursday & Friday) at the end of November coming from Tulum and before getting to Merida. Also, for a cenote visit, what would you suggest? A cenote near Tulum & Coba or the ones around Valladolid? Thank you.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night life & cenote

Just want to be more specific about night life. We don't mind bars but prefer places with live music. We love Lila Downs, to give you an idea of our music type.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night life & cenote

punch the names of the various cenotes into youtube and decide. I like dos ojos but there is a good one near chicken pizza

BC
Level Contributor
4,216 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night life & cenote

<<good one near chicken pizza>>>

ahhh, don't you just love auto-correct!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Night life & cenote

I found Valladolid a "roll-up-the-sidewalks-after-dark" kind of place, but maybe I missed the nightlife as I was too bushed after my day's explorations.

If you find Lila Downs quality entertainment there, let me know.

Have a great trip!

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Night life & cenote

No, you're pretty much right, EJAbright! Unless you want to rock out at the disco or go to one of a very few bar/restaurants and it's pretty much super loud Mexican rock.

Valladolid is not the "enjoy a civilized cocktail and listen to acoustic guitar" kinda place. The closest one would find is in Cancun or perhaps Merida, where they have live trova & musica popular but acoustic. I know of a specific place in Cancun, but not in Merida.

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Night life & cenote

I've been researching and putting a plan together...don't know if you're interested but the Mayan Adventure map from http://www.cancunmap.com/chichenitza-map.html is amazing!

This is just a copy/paste of what I've researched but you might find something helpful..hopefully lol. :-)

Dzitnup (aka Xkeken) & Samula (central parking lot between both...tickets are 52 pesos for each place)

en-yucatan.com/valladolid/cenote-dzinup.php

en-yucatan.com/valladolid/cenote-samula.php

SuyTun (looks very cool and is a couple kms from Valladolid..there are 2 cenotes side by side)

http://cenotesuytun.com/ en-yucatan.com/valladolid/cenote-suytun.php

Ik Kil (across the street from Dolores Alba) Between Chichen Itza and Valladolid

Yokdzonot (15 minutes west of Chichen Itza past Piste) yucatantoday.com/en/topics/yokdzonot-eco-tou…

…webs.com/apps/photos/album…

…webs.com/sinkholecenote.htm

Edited: 25 October 2012, 22:03
boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Night life & cenote

Don't forget hte cenote at San Lorenzo Oxman hacienda. A mile or twp out of town, it has a beautiful pool, and a really cool cenote where they installed a rope swing. Great fun. We actually rented bikes in Valladolid and leaisurely rode over to the hacienda.

Limbo
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Night life & cenote

Also, the cenote at Ek Balam ruins is nice as is Xclakaj, which is 5 km south of Valladolid.

Merida, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Merida, Chichen Itza
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Night life & cenote

Lots of info on cenotes out there; much less on cool music venues in Valladolid. I would suggest contacting someone who actually lives there like the friendly folks at Mexigo Tours

http://www.mexigotours.com/

Ask if they know of anything happening at a local level.

10. Re: Night life & cenote

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:15