We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulum beaches

Which Valladolid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Tulum beaches

We want to go to a beautiful beach that is quiet and tranquil where we can get a bite to eat. We are more concerned with the beach than the food. Where would you recommend?I saw that Ziggys was recommended as a nice beach.

We are taking a bus from Valladolid to Tulum. Should we take the bus to Tulum bus station or to the bus stop at the ruins? We will take a taxi to the beach'.

How far is the Grand Cenote fr0m the nice beaches in Tulum?Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Wendy and Steve

Report inappropriate content

Save this Post

no replies

Expand view

Reply to: Tulum Beaches

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tulum beaches

I also forgot to mention that we need shade. Thanks

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tulum beaches

There is a beautiful beach directly behind the ruins.Two birds with one stone!

Kells, Ireland
Level Contributor
81 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tulum beaches

i found the stretch of beach along the hotel zone to be great. as #1 says you can also access a small beach from the Tulum ruins.....though many peole will pass by doing their tour of the ruins. The grand cenote is about 10 minute drive out from Tulum.

Nebraska
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tulum beaches

I would suggest renting a car in Valladolid and drive to Tulum. It's an easy drive and then you can hit Gran Cenote on the way into Tulum. If you bus it, go to the bus station in Tulum Pueblo then you will have to taxi to Gran Cenote and then to the beach road.

My choice for a nice spot on the beach for eats & beach would be any of these places.

Puerta del cielo - nice tiny pool, good eats and small

La Zebra - great mojitos, nice beach, good food

Ziggy's - Has a happy hour and wonderful food. Might be more crowded than the 2 mentioned above.

Google Tulum maps and a few good beach road maps. Heck, start at Puerta del Cielo have a cocktail and hang if you don't like wander south and grab another cocktail, eats & chair. Plenty of places to choose from.

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
14,957 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tulum beaches

The beach at the Tulum ruins is really neat - it is small and can be pretty crowded, but it is very beautiful - white sand, rocky cliffs, turquois water. The beach along the hotel zone is also white sand and turquoise water, but not rocky except for a few places. Mostly it is just wide open beach and you can walk for miles.

So, if you go down to the hotel zone, you can find the beautiful beaches anywhere and there are plenty of restaurants and bars at which to eat and drink. We stayed at Cabanas Tulum, so we spent a fair amount of time at Ziggy Beach club, which we really enjoyed.

Mahopac, New York
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tulum beaches

Thank you all for your feedback. We ended up at Ziggys. It was not crowded and the beach was beautiful. We would have liked to have had a few days in Tulum but now we know for the next time.

7. Re: Tulum beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 06:17