We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best day of the week for Valladolid?

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
2,084 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best day of the week for Valladolid?

We will be staying in Valladolid for 2 nights after staying in Merida for 10 days. We will be on our way to Puerto Aventuras for the beach part of our trip. We want to see the city of Valladolid and also spend a day visiting Ek Balam and the area. I know Merida has a great street fair/market on Sundays where they close the streets to traffic. Does Valladolid have anything like that. wondering if we should plan our day there for a Saturday or a Sunday or if it matters at all. Thanks!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best day of the week for Valladolid?

RobertSDF is the Valladolid expert around these parts, so I'm sure he'll chime in.

The only street fair I ever saw in Valladolid was a small one in the central square. Some days I visited it was there, and sometimes it was not. I'm sure there was a regular schedule, but as I'm not much of a shopper I never paid much attention.

If you fan out from the central square, you'll stumble across a lot of little shops offering a variety of interesting merchandise, including handicrafts.

Traverse City...
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best day of the week for Valladolid?

Again, Dovey, please see your post on the Merida forum...

3. Re: Best day of the week for Valladolid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 07:17