We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDC to Valladolid

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
PDC to Valladolid

I wanted to make a 3 day side trip from PDC to Valladolid, and would be grateful for some advice.

I'm using public transport and wanted to know if I can get from PDC to Valladolid, and roughly how long the journey would be.

From Valladolid I intended to take seperate day trips to Chichen Itza and El Bakum ( sorry about the spelling!).

Can these trips be done by bus, and if so , how long is the journey.

I'm also wondering if it's just as easy to get a taxi, but don't know if I can get a taxi for round trips, or pick up a taxi back to Valladolid easily from CI/EB? Any information about costs would also be appreciated.

I'm travelling next May, so don't know if this makes any difference to bus timetables.

Thank you.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDC to Valladolid

There are many daily bus departures from PDC to Valladolid. The bus line is ADO, and their site is http://ado.com.mx. Departures at 800, 830, 1000, 1130, 1230, 1830, cost is $176 pesos and time is 2 hrs 40 minutes.

You can take bus, colectivo, or taxi to Chichen Itza. You can take a colectivo or taxi to Ek Balam....

BC
Level Contributor
5,561 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PDC to Valladolid

Vallodolid is a lovely town, three days is a good amount of time to visit there. Lovely town square, nice small museum, and nice areas to walk around to. The ADO bus station is right in the centre of town, easy to walk to good hotels or there are taxis (very inexpensive).

Sorry, I don't know what the collectivo or taxi costs would be to the ruins, as I did not go to either place on my last visit, but things are not expensive in this area. Others have posted about what they paid though, so do a search and read about their experiences, if no one gives you an answer. Have fun!

PS it will be hot in May

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PDC to Valladolid

Thank you both for your replies, which are very helpful. I had originally considered staying over night in Chichen Iiza, but as Vallodolid seems such a pretty town, and within easy distance of the places I wanted to visit, I'm looking at my plans again.

Merida, Yucatan
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PDC to Valladolid

Valladolid would be a good place to stay as it is in the middle of the places you'd like to visit. It's a place with charm and tradition.

The ADO website doesn't have timetables and prices for more than about a month in advance. However, departure times don't vary very much over time, so the information the website gives you would be reliable.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,833 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PDC to Valladolid

The other ADO website, www.ticketbus.com.mx, shows second class bus schedules should you want to see Valladolid to Chichen schedules. Also has an English option.

Montreal
Level Contributor
323 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDC to Valladolid

I took the ADO bus from PDC to Valladolid but be advised that there are two bus stations in PDC. One on 5th avenue and the other on 20th avenue. The bus to Valladolid leaves from the one on 20th avenue, however you can pre-purchase your ticket at either one.

Also took a taxi from Valladolid to Chichen Itza cost was 700 pesos which included return transportation with the driver waiting for us while we visited. Was arranged through our hotel. I highly recommend this option especially if you leave early am and are there for the opening of the site. The tour buses don't really show up until 10-10:30ish so you will have the place to yourselves.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
14,552 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PDC to Valladolid

Moqueen.... thank you for the extra info.I've now booked my hotel in Valladolid and I'm really looking forward to my trip.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PDC to Valladolid

If You are on Facebook, contact Ricardo Txs in PlayaDC

Excellent, safe service taxi wise. As to prices, Check with him.

California
Level Contributor
991 posts
1,688 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PDC to Valladolid

I booked two nights at the Meson del Marquez in order to see Chichen Itza. I was so taken with the town that I stayed two more nights. You'll love it there. Be sure to check out the Casa de los Venados!

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
566 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PDC to Valladolid

It's a beautiful town. I'm already working on going back next January.

Get answers to your questions about Valladolid