We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for final lodging decisions*****PLEASE HELP******

Asheville, North...
6 posts
Save Topic
Advice for final lodging decisions*****PLEASE HELP******

(I have also posted this on Tulum board)

Okay, I have decided! (sort of!)

PLAN: First Tulum----not stay in jungle, but visit! And then onto Xcalak!

In Xcalak-

I am having a really hard time in choosing between casa carolina and Sin duda......... Please tell me pros and cons of each. AND if there are any other cheeper- but just as great places, send them on!!!

In Tulum-

I will stay somewhere??? outside of tulum city....cabanas copal? don diego de la playa? posad dos ceibas...any others? Could everyone tel me which they prefer and why......only MUST is a breeze......I turn 'unpleasent' when i get hot (inside). I would like to spend under $80.....

Also is this a doable itenirary in 6 days? we are very adventurous!

CENOTE reccomendations????

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL SUGGESTIONS!

Xcalak
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for final lodging decisions*****PLEASE HELP******

Sin Duda is very nice, and Margo and Robert are great hosts.

Xcalak Hotels are listed on,

http://xcalakvillage.com/lodging.php

Minnesota
Level Contributor
299 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for final lodging decisions*****PLEASE HELP******

Tixeon,

As a general rule of thumb from Cancun - Playa del Carmen is an hour (south), Tulum is another hour, it's another hour to Felipe Carrillo Puerto, and yet another hour to Mahahual and finlly another hour to Xcalak. It's a poor idea to drive between Mahahual & Xcalak after dark. Last time we were there, it took about five and a half hours to get from the Cancun airport to Sin Duda - we were not pushing or driving (much) over the speed limits. I only mention this because you said you only have six days, so time could be an issue.

We were looking at both Casa Carolina and Sin Duda, and we picked Sin Duda and loved it - and plan on returning. (can't speak about Casa Carolina)

I agree that Margo and Robert are great hosts, and Margo's travel tips were very helpful and fun to read.

BTW - If you go to Xcalak, make sure to have dinner at the Leaky Palapa, it's so good as to be unreal!Have a great trip! Phil

3. Re: Advice for final lodging decisions*****PLEASE HELP******

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Xcalak
Recent Conversations