We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overbooking at CRT??

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Overbooking at CRT??

Was looking at CRT or NH Riviera Cancun, but now read about overbooking at CRT. I love a nice beach, but was looking at going for 5 days and CRT is such a long ways away from the airport and am now concerned about overbooking. Looking for input and any info on how often they bump

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

Better not be bumping us or the Nolitour rep is gonna get a earful. Didn't book to go to a different hotel. They know when we are coming, what time we'll be there, and how many were are. Theres no excuse for anyone to be bumped. Not to mention we paid to be at the CRT NOT somewhere else. Theres the rant for the day, sorry.

Cheers

MN
Level Contributor
610 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

I booked this place in August and have been reading the reviews since June or July. I think it's the first mention I have seen of over-booking. I'm not worried about it. I'd be pretty ticked if I get bumped though, unless it was to a higher rated resort.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

Oh I’d flip out.

They better not bump us. My SO and I have over a dozen of business sites so rest assured there is a place for an angry rant on each and every one of them.

Plus I HATE family hotels. The second main reason (beach being the first) that we’re staying there, is adult-only. All else about it isn’t exactly five star (not that we care, but we normally do stay at nicer places).

If they were to bump us, we’d probably take the refund, get online, and book another adult-only in Cancun or PDC area.

I don’t have kids and have zero desire to spend a holiday around someone else’s, lol.

Hopefully, we’re all worried for nothing and all will be well. Should I write an email to front desk and see if the overbooking issue is being addressed?

This is what else I will do; we’ve been to the area a bunch of times. I’m putting together a list of resorts we like(d), with detailed contact info – just in case…. Now, you can often get a break on the price last-moment with nicer places.

Because again, I’m not saying at Catalonia Maya Happy Family or whatever they call ‘em *eyeroll*

hopefully won't get the buyers remorse for choosing CRT.... it's a 10 day stay for us, so better be good.

Sioux Falls, SD
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

With my luck I would get sent to one of the nude resorts. Boy would they have a lot of people check out after I took a nudie walk on the beach.

Not a pretty picture.

Dakota

Elkford, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

We will be going to the CRT in April for 10 nights. I don't want to get "bumped" either. We booked this trip last Summer....we expect to stay at the resort we booked and paid for. Hope for the best!

Sioux Falls, SD
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

Just relax, if it happens ask if they can put you up at the EL Dorado Seaside, just a mile down the road, it would be a upgrade.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

Ron,

I just contacted the hotel and they said they would not be sending YOU or me to a clothing optional resort, they have their reputation at stake and some ethics. Besides the other resorts already have those big sand bags! HA.

nj
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

When are the prime vacation times for this area? In the winter when it is cold or in Summer when the kids are out of school?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

Last year the over booking at our hotel in Cancun took place more in February and them went away before we arrived in April. I would think summer is the off season? I choose the week that straddles Feb-March because the prices where less and assume that may be the slow week. Maybe people book either Feb or March? We also have found to arrive on Friday, people tend to arrive on Saturday, that way we just beat the weekend rush at the airport and the hotel, and save money.

I PM'ed Depiloubbica and they replied that they were bumped to one of the other Catalonia hotels with no beach, some other people were bumped to a Barcelo near CRT.

Hey, what ever, we'll see when we get there. Just don't worry. Relax and enjoy your trip where ever you end up. Each resort seems to have something special to offer, a nice beach, fantastic pool or a huge Margarita bar, but not normally everything all in one. Let me know if you find that spot.

chicago
Level Contributor
466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overbooking at CRT??

well, i see nothing special about other Cat hotels... rather mediocre. the only reason we're going to the CRT is adult-only and beach.

if we're getting bumped, it better be adult-only with a good beach. btw, i'd rather take CO over screaming kids :)

but then, good point... why worry now