We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orbitz booking/airline questions

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
621 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Orbitz booking/airline questions

For those of you who have recently traveled to Mexico by booking with Orbitz and using Continental for the air-fare.....did you get charged extra for baggage???

Oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

We are flying Continental and are totally bummed about the baggage fees! How am I gonna pack for 9 nights! LOL When are you going to CRT?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
545 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

We're not flying Continental, but our airline is charging $12 for a checked bag! BS! We booked through Orbitz.

I am hoping I can squeeze everything in a carry-on, but we're getting married while there and I'd rather not squish my dress if I can avoid it.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

We are probably going to go May 10-15 to CRT....I saw a link on Orbitz that mentioned that there may be baggage fees, but it says Domestic flights and Latin America...if I remember correctly....Is Mexico considered LA??

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

Hey don't squish your wedding dress lol. I'm all booked for the 20th-28th!!!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
499 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

karissa1977

I was checking on continentals site and they have been offering the first bag free......

Orbitz I have been searching for diffrent trips and recently they have been giving some long trip returns, like three stops.......

Also if you do use them (Orbitz) don't forget to enter the ENTERTAIN200 for an additonal $200.00 off of your complete trip cost, when you book air and hotel.

Thanks

Snowman :0)

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

Karissa1997,

I booked my trip through Continental vacations. The information that I have is.

First bag is free, 2nd bag is $25 each way, (1) carry on (under 40lb's) & for women the purse does not count as a carry on.

New Castle, PA
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

Continental states that the first baggage fee does not apply to international flights.

Oklahoma City, OK
Level Contributor
621 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

I booked, but am now going to be flying via American Airlines.....by looking at the Orbitz site, it doesn't appear that there will be a charge for international flights...?? Has anyone else used Orbitz and flown AA to Mexico recently?

Crane Hill, Alabama
Level Contributor
478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

I spoke with a tech today(They have Techs watching in the daytime hours that will speak "live" IM chat to you when you sign onto their website on the orbitz web page)and she said til the end of the month if you type in entertain200 in the promo box and/or tell them on the phone too,then you get another $200 off the price but they WONT mention it to you...So its something not to forget for now.Also they told me that leaving out on a monday is cheaper than a sunday...So good luck shopping...They quoted me $1,904.oo for two people with the shuttle inclued to the resort from Memphis TN to Cancun...FROM AUG 17-24TH..With a morning departing flight out to mexico then coming back to memphis an ealy afternoon one on American Airlines....Yes I know its bad weather season then but its our 30th wedding Anniversary so its gotta be then...lolol...

10. Re: Orbitz booking/airline questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 02:19
Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations