We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

Oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Topic
Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

I thought about going somewhere else but everything is booked and way over priced. It is my honeymoon/anniv, we were married 5/24/2008 so I do not want to rebook for a later date. So I am going!!! If the resort is not at full capacity I will deal it. In all my research I think CRT has the best beach in the area.... so I have a awesome beach, they have to feed me and give drinks so what is the problem with a less booked hotel!!! LOL! Today is May 1st, which means it is my VACATION MONTH and I am going to be excited about it!!!! I will take all the precautions needed but honestly there are more cases in the us then in the Yucatan so call me an idiot for thinking this trip is not really that bad!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

tdwartz-we went last year during hurricane season in late Sept. Slow time is really pretty darn nice. They may alternate restaurants like they did for us, but it will still be wonderful. No towell games.

CRT does has an amazing beach.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

You're NOT an idiot. Your a well informed individual that will take the necessary precautions for your health and safety. You know how to balance common sense and reality in order to have a great time. You don't let media sensationalism control your fear or decisions.

I will be doing the same right along with ya. We are still going!!!! We will arrive at the resort around lunch time on the 27th. See ya then!

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

I dont think ANYONE is an idiot (even though, I too, have been called one on here) for making well thought and well researched decisions. Thats why its called an opinion...and I think we all have great opinions!!! :) woohoo cant wait either!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

Something else I want to mention is that my husband was in a major car accident a week ago today. His car is totaled and thankfully, he walked away with only a few scratches. He never wears his seatbelt, but that day he DID. We are very grateful and count our many blessings everyday. So I refuse to let the FLU scare me away from living my life. You never know when the day will come when you won't be able to lean over and kiss your sweetie!!!!

Life is GOOD, go and enjoy it!

Oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

Dana (roostergirl),

I am so glad we are on the same page! I am so sorry to hear about your hubbys car accident, we will have to drink to his survival when we get to CRT!! Us Airways changed their dates to May 31st so I do hae the option to change things. I am going to get a better flight in and I think we are going to stay a 10th night now. This may work in my favor! I just really want to make sure the resort will not move us to the other hotel. I want CRT and adults only. So my only thing is now since I can only change once, do I stay at CRT or change to an adults only that does not have a sister hotel to consolidate to? I am thinking just stay where I am and hope, I have done so much research and I just love CRT so much.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

I would just stay where you are. I think by the end of the month that most of the hype will have died down and people will be going. Besides, even if you did switch and that hotel was unable to operate, your tour company will send you somewhere else that is comparable by their star rating.

Oregon
Level Contributor
262 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

We are staying put, but I do think we are going tog e the better flight times and stay till June 1st now!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

I just posted pretty much the same thing. Didn't see your post. I'm with you! I'm going! May 20th to the 28th I'm there :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
213 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my husband and I will be there May 24-30! I really don't want to cancel or postpone.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going to CRT May 22nd for 9 nights, who's with me?!

We are still planning to go 05/30 - 06/04/09. Has anyone heard anything about Catalonia consolidating their resorts? There are some other posts out there stating that RIU and Ibestar have already started to consolidate. This might sound a bit selfish amidst all this drama, but I REALLY don't want to be booked into another resort... especially if it's not adults only. I'm going to try and email CRT this evening. I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

Happy Friday! :)

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations