We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swine flu

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swine flu

I notice no one has posted about this, so I thought I would. I noticed absolutely nothing in regard to the swine flu while we there except for at the airport. We had to fill out a questionnaire upon arrival and one prior to departure and that was it. They also took our temperature prior to departure. Now, I don't know what happens if you are running a fever when they check, but we were fine.

I have felt fine since we got back. My mom was sick on Sunday and joked that I brought the flu back to her and I was worried for just a second, but she was all better by Monday.

How does everyone else feel? Besides being sad and wishing I was still there, I've had no problems.

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swine flu

Taffy - you can read my tale of woe here:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g499455-i9500-k2825936-

I feel fine, and some of my co-workers are talking to me again!!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swine flu

Please I have more of a chance getting it in Queens NY lol. I'm sooooooooo happy I didn't listen to the hype & cancel, if anything we were spoiled because it was only about 50% full.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
545 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Swine flu

Well I had a sore throat about halfway into our trip and I have some sinus thing going on now, but NO FLU AT ALL!

My kiddo is sick right now (the older one), but we went to 6Flags two days after we got back and I think she caught something there b/c she was touching EVERYTHING. :)

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Swine flu

i wonder if they'll make me stay longer if i have a smoker's cough and a week long hangover?

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swine flu

Lindi,

Sorry to hear you and your little one are not feeling well. Hope you both get to feeling better soon.

How was 6 Flags? Was there a lot she could ride on? We haven't been for a few years, but are thinking about going this year. We absolutely love Holiday World in Indiana. Have you guys been there?

sands-n-suds,

If they keep you there, it might be in a room at the airport, not sure about that one. HA! HA!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swine flu

We were absolutely spoiled this trip. We will never experience a trip like this again. No towel games, no wait to get service, etc. I can see where the CRT would be absolutely packed if they were at full occupancy. Maybe we should all go back before it gets too crowded -- like next week. HA! HA!

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
328 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swine flu

nellynel,

That was crazy! I guess here in the midwest we are a lot more laid back about the swine flu. Too bad you didn't know beforehand, you could have extended your trip.

Glad your co-workers are talking to you again, I guess. Sometimes silence can be a good thing.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
545 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Swine flu

I'm in for next week although I'd have to quit my job (which is fine! LOL)

Six Flags was a BLAST! Both my kids really enjoyed it. Lilly is only 4 1/2, but she's really tall and was able to ride a lot to my surprise! She's a bold lil one though and loved ALL the roller coasters and rides. Josie just liked watching everything, but she was able to ride the big ferris wheel with us and the train ;) We can't wait to go again.

I haven't been to that place you've mentioned. I did got to Cedar Point once and AWESOME is all I can say!

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swine flu

I know it!

It is so annoying because the only reason we only went for 5 days was because of my job!

And then to keep me home for a week when I could have been enjoying those mohitos on the beach!! UGHH

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
318 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Swine flu

taffy- would their be tequila in that room? lol

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations