We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Additional Activities at the CRT

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Additional Activities at the CRT

My hubby is not a sit-on-the-beach and just RELAX kind of guy. He can do about 15-30 minutes, then he's up, restless, and looking for something to do. I'd like to prepare a list of things he can do to occupy himself while I take some time for the beach. (of course, that said, I'm not a total beach bum- I'll enjoy some activities myself from time to time!)

So, here's a list of activities that I've heard are offered on or near the resort. Please let me know if I've missed any. Thanks!

- play with Sandy, the beach puppy, or other beach dogs

- snorkel

- catamaran (this is a guided resort thing, correct?)

- shuttle or cab to Playa del Carmen

- beach soccer (hubby loves soccer, hopefully some pick up games can happen?)

- guac making demonstration (when scheduled)

- tequila tasting (when scheduled)

- water aerobics (not sure he'll be into that!)

- napping!

- nightly shows

wondering about the availability of these activities...

- parasailing? jet skis? other motorized sports? fishing expeditions?

We are doing a full day with Edventures in the middle of our trip, so that should be great fun.

Any other suggestions are welcome!

Bahia Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
La Playa Xpuha
Beach & Pool Clubs, Beaches
Under the Jungle
Scuba & Snorkeling
Xotik-Ha Ecopark
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

woops... forgot that sea kayaking AND boogie boards are available, too.

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

drinking, eating, ping-pong, pool, beach volleyball, walking the beach, people-watching, drinking, eating...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

There is a guy you can rent jet ski's from. He walks the beach. He's very nice & not to pushy. Here's some other things you can do.

Feed the fish- bread or banana's

Feed Lizards- banana's

Water polo

Beach & water volley ball

work out at the gym

Day trip to Akumal Bay & snorkel & eat off resort

Walk on the beach

Dance lessons

Bingo

Make friends at the bar & have shots

Go to the disco for karaoke night

I miss it sooooooo much. Have fun!

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

Yes, they go with you on the free one-hour hobie cat ride.

There's also a small library (book exchange) in the area by the ping-pong and pool tables.

You shouldn't underestimate the time and energy to be spent drinking and eating.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

My husband is not a lay on the beach type of guy either. When we are not diving we are out and about exploring.

As someone mentioned head to Akumal and snorkel with the turtles. Rent a golf cart for the afternoon and scoot around to Half Moon Bay and Yal Ku Lagoon. Eat at Lucys in the pueblo.

Take a colectivo to Tulum and then head to the beach. You can spend a day walking that incredible beach. Amazing. Tons of very cool beach bars and boutique hotels.

Take a colectivo to Puerto Aventuras. Walk around the marina, look at the dolphins-or swim with the dolphins. Lots of places for a drink or dinner.

The beach in Playa Del Carmen is also fun to walk down. Lots of people watching and cool beach bars. You can start at the ferry dock and walk all the way down to Mamacitas on the beach.

Have dinner or drinks at the Alux (cave) restaurant in PDC.

Swim in a cenote. Not many places in the world you can do this. Many cenotes around CRT if you want to do it on your own, but also check out www.hiddenworlds.com. It looks like a neat set up. They also have ziplining.

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Puerto Aventuras
Puerto Aventuras
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Missouri
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

- Check out the ruins

- Go to La Playa beach club just a short walk down the beach

- I'm with Blameitonrio ... a person can never underestimate the eating and drinking. I can kill A LOT of time doing that. :)

Crane Hill, Alabama
Level Contributor
478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

Wow I thought I had the only husband that wouldnt sit still..Nice to feel not alone anymore..If I can start giving the hubby tequila around noon, I`ve got a good shot at relaxing at the beach all day...Shame on me..lolol..

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

Thanks all for the tidbits of info!

Lala- Ha! Hysterical! If there are any takers from July 1-6, maybe I can set up a "resort sponsored" tequila shot contest at high noon... he'll never know the difference and I think he'll be in a long siesta all afternoon!

Rio- Excellent point. I'll certainly keep that in mind. :)

9. Re: Additional Activities at the CRT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations