We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

Two questions: Does anyone have a link to a map of CRT that shows the location of the chill area? It looks inviting, but the photos rarely show anyone using the area. Is it ever busy?

Also, Below is a link to a pottery cart shown on the CRT photo page. Is this available as paint your own cradt pieces? If so, where is the pottery area located? Beach? Lobby?

tripadvisor.com/…19832815

TYIA,

Cheryl :)

La Playa Xpuha
Beaches, Beach & Pool Clubs
Bahia Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Under the Jungle
Scuba & Snorkeling
Xotik-Ha Ecopark
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
87 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

I couldn't find a link to a map, but here's a link to an old aerial photo: cancunallinclusive.com/catalonia_royal_tulum…

The Pure Chill area is hidden behind the big brown building you see on the right, to the right of the pool. From what we could see, it was never busy...good place to nap in the evening or night.

The craft cart you see was located about 25 feet away from the Chill area, within a stones throw of the pool as well. I would assume you could paint your own craft pieces, and a salesperson/attendant is at the cart while it's open.

Texas, Dallas area
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

I don't have a map, but the Pure Chill area is just a few steps away from the main pool, in between one of the restaurants and where you get towels/games, etc. We never saw more than one or two couples over there, not including us. We usually went down and relaxed there at night as a wonderful breeze would blow in from the ocean and you can hear the waves. . . so relaxing after a day in the sun!

The pottery cart is just a few feet away from the chill area. I tried to paint my own on two separate days, but it always conflicted with the tours we did. :((

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
322 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

one of the great things about CRT is that nothing is hard to find. the craft cart is right at the end of the bridge leading to the pool area, impossible to miss. when you're getting towls look to your left. that's the chill area, once again can't miss it.

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

Cheryl,

I bumped an old thread "Resort Map" to the top. The first reply contains a link to the map. You can hit the magnifying glass to enlarge the map, if desired.

Michigan
Level Contributor
333 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

Thanks for the replies and map bump. Just what I was looking for. CRT people are very helpful :) :) :)

Cheryl

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

I thought that cart offered there painted pottery to sale. Oh I wish I knew! Next time :)

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

I only saw a few people in the Chill area. But probably because that pool was closed when we were there and also, the beds are in the open sun...no shade. I agree though, nice relaxing place at night.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

The Chill area was our favorite place The hubby and I would go down there at night after a late dinner and fall asleep and wake up an hour or so later to go back to the room and go to bed! It was SO relaxing!!! We even went there on our last night after the disco closed for a few minutes of relaxation! Didn't do it during the day mainly because who wants to be hot sweaty and sandy and lay in the hot sun on a bed!

FYI they actually changed the cover and pillow covers, late each night! Yep, we fell asleep for more than an hour one night! LOL

New England
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

When we were there in April we spent one whole day in the Chill Area. Pool was crowded, beach was windy so we decided to spread out on one of the beds. Room for both of us to nap, read, play cards, have a few drinks. We were able to move the curtains when we wanted shade which was nice. The "new age" music got to be a bit much by late in the day, however!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: CRT: Pottery & Chill areas Question

I TOTALLY agree about the music! Loved that they played country at the Grill at night so we tried to tune the new age out and listen to it LOL!

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations