We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CMT which is the best building?

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
53 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
CMT which is the best building?

Hi There, my husband and I are going to Maeva Tulum in a couple of weeks and are wondering if anybody can suggest what building is the best to stay in? We like quet and dont mind walking.

Thanks so much.

Also, is there a building block that isnt as 'musty' smelling as others?

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: CMT which is the best building?

Hi,

From what I understand (via very nice email from the resort) Bldg. A is closed for renovation, and probably will be into December. That would be the noisiest one when it is open.

I think Bldg. B is closest to food & pool. Bldg. C is closest to beach & pier. It's a small resort, so nothing is really far. If you go to the locogringo web site (not allowed to post links on here) you can see an aerial shot of the resorts by location. It may still be listed as Robinson Club, the old name. There is also a site run by texaspepper (do a web search) that has a lot of info and pictures.

There is no place that will not have some mustiness. The closer to the water, the worse it is. Nothing ever completely dries since heaters & dehumidifiers are never used. You can overcome it with candles, sprays & deodorizers. I'm thinking Lysol & Oust. There's really no help for mold allergies except antihistamines. That's what I do.

Closer to the ground is more damp. 3rd floor is supposed to be ocean view, and costs a little more, but you would not hear feet above you. I think you can see more, after the hurricane took out some of the topmost vegetation in that area.

I understand the food is very good. The beach (pictures are great) should be one of the best on the coast. Have a good time and write a review with pictures when you come back.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
53 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CMT which is the best building?

Thanks for your feedback! I will write a review when I get back. this forum has been SO handy for all my questions and research about where to take our special honeymoon. Thanks to everyone. We cant wait to go!! Only 11 more days........

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CMT which is the best building?

Have a really great time! Congratulations!

Bedminster, PA
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CMT which is the best building?

Everybody talks about musty smell, but I've never had that issue. Third floor is higher, but ocean view is limited and from a distance (and you have to walk two flights of stairs every time you forget your sunglasses). We checked-it-out on our last visit, but opted for the ground-level in "B" ... "C" isn't bad at all if you want it a little quieter. There's really not a bad area at this club, and, unless you're on your honeymoon, you're only in the room from 1 - 8 AM. Have fun and be sure to write a review -- TELL ME IF THE DOCK IS DONE please ...

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
53 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CMT which is the best building?

I will write a full review, and yes, I will update on the dock situation. If anybody has any other specific questions/concerns I can check out, I am happy to do so!

10 more days..........