We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
370 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

""""" I flirt with both Resorts!!!!"""""

I know that the beach is not so perfect at the Blue Bay but maybe same body visited both and can compare.

The price at the Blue Bay is just a lot better. But I 'm in love with the Royal Catalonias seems I visit the Royal Catalonie in Punta Cana. Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

Stick with what you know. I too have been to Catalonia Royal Bavaro and loved it. I think this is a good hotel chain which is why I'm considering going to the Royal Tulum. From what I'm reading the styles are very similar. Usually you get what you pay for.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

I think it also depends on what you like to do on vacation. If the beach is important to you, definitely go with CRT. Beach is absolutely gorgeous.

We just got back and loved the location - closer to Tulum, Akumal/Yal Ku Lagoon and cenotes for swimming and snorkelling. Hired our own taxi for the day and had a wonderful time.

CRT is also smaller and more intimate, not to mention Adults Only.

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

We have stayed at the BBGE, and very much enjoyed it the beach was beautiful, water no so much, BUT just a very short waqlk down the beach the water is beautiful Caribbean blue waters. The resort is very nice, very spread out. The food we found was very good, ala cartes easy to get inot, you just had to book with the concierge which was located in each building.

Pool was nice(din't do pools though).

If you like to beach walk, this is a great location you can wal for miles past many resorts and the golf course.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Marjorie

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

I've stayed at both places and the CRT is WAYYYY better than the Blue Bay. The beach is more beautiful, and the resort overall is much nicer. Plus the Catalonia is adults only.

I highley recommend the Catalonia over the Blue Bay any day!

5. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum vs Blue Bay Grand Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2010, 05:16