We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i can't believe i'm asking this....

Boston
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
i can't believe i'm asking this....

but does anyone know if my husband will be able to catch the Celtics game at CRT? or a sports bar near by? I think i remember seeing a sports bar on 5th Ave but I could be wrong.

(ugh! sorry and thanks!)

**I posted this the first time to the wrong forum so don't yell at me for being a double poster! ; )

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

I'm sorry I really can't help you, but I am sure some of the bars in Playa will be covering the games.

I feel your pain - usually I have to find a locale for my DH to watch his football matches!(soccer)

Boston
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

i guess i should find him a friend then because i really coudn't be bothered! lol

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

You shouldn't have trouble finding a place in Playa for him to watch the game. When we wandered down 5th, I saw several places advertising that they were showing both NBA and NHL playoff games.

Maastricht
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

We will be there when the World Championship soccer is on in South Africa and my boyfriend couldnt care less but I hope to be able to see the Dutch play :-O

Chilliwack, B.C.
Level Contributor
540 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

When we were there in April we went to the Tequila Barrel 2x's to watch the NHL playoffs.. They have everything. playing either on the side walk or in the back part of the bar. Also the food is gooooood!!

Cheers

Marjorie

6. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2010, 15:00
Boston
Level Contributor
126 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

Marjorie, Taquilla Barrel is on 5th Ave?

Playa, assuming the streets go in order, from 5th Ave, is 1st Ave more towards my end (Xpuha) or is that heading north towards Cancun?

playa del carmen
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

Avenues go by 5's...ie: west/east 30,25,20,15,10,5,1,cuzumel blvd, beach..

Streets are north/south with ferry terminal starting at 2 street and goes by two's..ie: 2, 4, 6 etc and the furthest north now in Playa is nearing 200

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

The hotel rooms at CRT have Fox Sports channel and an ESPN channel. I don't know what games they show but I was excited to be able to watch the Monaco F1 race. Perhaps they cover what you're interested in watching.

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: i can't believe i'm asking this....

You should be able to easily find it in PDC!

I know your pain....I was in Yelapa, MX when the College bb finals were going on and I could not for the life of me find a tv (one night there was no power at all in the cove )...and for 5 days I asked if anyyyyone knew if MI State was still going in the finals ....people were on vacation and had no interest...finally I saw a young lad show up wearing a college tshirt and asked him...They were in the final 4...wahoo...got home in time to see the finals....

Vacation is great , love it all but you still like to keep in touch w/ things that are important to you all year long...ex: Celtics...Have fun!!!

(and remember when you are headed to PDC there is an afternoon Shuttle from the CRT for free)