We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My CRT review is up

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
My CRT review is up

Pretty detailed so if you're interested, have a look and I'll be glad to answer any question if I can. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful advice, answers to all the questions, and Carolyn's indispensible tip sheet :)

texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: My CRT review is up

I have seen some references to snorkeling off the beach, but the pics look like there is a soft, sandy bottom. Can you clarify?

Corner Brook, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: My CRT review is up

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Great review also! How would you compare this trip to your visits to Isla Mujeres? I am curious as we are doing this trip in reverse of yours! How would the nightlife compare in paticular?

Thanks

Lori

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My CRT review is up

Soclock, yes, it's sandy but unless it's very windy and choppy, the snorkeling is fine. It's nothing amazing but pretty decent.

lgsummer, very different trips. This was an AI where we never left the resort, while on Isla we stay at a local hotel and eat all meals out. Nightlife is also very different in that here your options are one of the two bars: beach or lobby, and the "organized" shows at the theatre. On Isla there are several places to hit for music and dancing, or just for drinks and people watching. Isla has a Centro, while CRT is just itself; there's not "town" unless you cab it to PDC, Akumal, or Tulum.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My CRT review is up

Great review, informative and honest. Thanks for taking the time to post it.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My CRT review is up

Thank you, Mayan Gringo. Least I could do after all the helpful posts here :)

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My CRT review is up

HI so glad you liked the resort I know it was such a different trip then you were use to. It is nice to change it up once in a while. Glad it was a good introduction to a Al inclusive.

Carolyn

KANSAS
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My CRT review is up

Nice review... thank you

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My CRT review is up

We just booked CRT 5/6-5/10 for our first childless vacation in 6 years and can not wait. We read every review and are sure we will love it. Been to a dozen AI and feel like this place is awsome. Great beach, good food, laid back, that is all we need! Anyway, i was wondering for tips on WHEN and WHOM to contact with a request for a certain building? Some people have said a week before some said now, any suggestions?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,976 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My CRT review is up

I used Carolyn's excellent tip sheet which includes contact info for appropriate people for different things. I wrote to Victoria Carvajahal about 1 week before and asked for middle building (3 or 4), upper floor, and one king size bed. I imagine if they're completely full it's harder to grant your wishes :) We were lucky and they were able to. Since they we found out that building 4 is nonsmoking, if that's important to you. It seems as if odd numbers allow smoking, even ones don't.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My CRT review is up

Traveler, thanks so much for your very informative review! We'll be at the CRT the end of June, but first we have to live through this endless winter!!

Thanks again for fueling our dreams.....

Sue :)

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations