We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

catalonia royal tulum

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
catalonia royal tulum

Has anyone booked this resort thru expedia?

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: catalonia royal tulum

Good Morning Dexter!

Just this past Friday I booked Catalonia Royal Tulum through Expedia! We in the past had always used Sam's Club, it was powered by Expedia.... but now Sam's does not offer air fare and only some hotel chains so I went right back to Expedia. I looked around at some of the other vendors, and feel that I got a good price with Expedia. I haven't been to CRT before, but have read some awesome things about it, and feel good about our choice!

Sue :)

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: catalonia royal tulum

Yes, we have used Expedia in the past. Suggest you price check Orbitz using the coupon code, 200entertain , and see what that does for you. Depending on the duration of your trip, that may yield a discount of another $200.

We shop all of the vendors, including the various airline's vacation packages, and find that Orbitz and Expedia are usually the lowest price providers.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: catalonia royal tulum

The reason i ask this question is on expedias site they state....additional charges for certain beverages and meals, are there limitations, help im so confused!!!!

NW CT
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: catalonia royal tulum

There are some additional charges for dinner on the beach and ordering wine off of the wine menu. But you don't have to do them if you don't want. We've been to CRT 3x and are returning in June of this year and have never had any additional charges unless we ordered wine off of the wine list (and we've only done this on special occasions).

Hope this helps,

Donna

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: catalonia royal tulum

This is the same at all AI when you dine at the alacartes they bring you a list of vines you can pcik and pay add. versus having the house vine with your meal. And there is a surcharge for the lobster.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: catalonia royal tulum

Tried the orbitx code was not available for this resort but thanks alot...Drinks...what types of tequila, is jd available, beers? Please more info because the site says domestic not international. I have only been to 1 AI and that was a palace. Thanks everyone!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: catalonia royal tulum

We were there last year and they had international brands of liquor - not just domestic. Many different tequilas that were 100% agave including Don Julio (blanco at least, not sure about repasado or anejo). The bar at the tapas restaurant seemed to have the best selection of international liquors. You could wander in there just for a drink in the evenings. Loved their classic margarita - was a true margarita, not a frozen blender type. Beers were Dos XX on tap, and I believe that is what was in our mini-fridge. I wouldn't call CRT a "palace" type of property but it certainly had wonderful staff and service, good food and drink and an absolutely beautiful beach. It didn't strike CRT cost as much as the palace types. For what we paid for CRT we did feel we got more than our monies worth. CRT is a resort I'd return to.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 18:36
Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: catalonia royal tulum

Dexter,

I just tried the Orbitz 200entertain code and it was accepted for CRT. It is only good for a 7 night or longer stay. It can be a bit tricky to figure out just how and where to plug in the coupon code. But ... for $200, it's worth the hassle.

As for the tequila choices, they have had the Don Julio (resposado I think) every time we have been at CRT. But, sometimes they seem to run out of it at the pool bar and you have to wait for a runner to go get more. The lobby bar always seems to have it.

Good luck with your search and choice !

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: catalonia royal tulum

Anotherbob,,,We can only stay 6 nites, Thanks to all for the info.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: catalonia royal tulum

Donna, we'll be at CRT in June too... our fourth AI, I am getting really good at picking winners!