We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

Can anyone tell me how long a ride it is from the airport to CRT? I've heard anything from 1-2 hours.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

I want to know too!!

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

First assumption is that you have a private transfer and are not on the milk-run bus that stops at several resorts on the way. If a private transfer, then it's 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes usually --- but it all depends on the time of day and the accompanying traffic conditions.

Edited: 09 February 2011, 00:42
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

I agree with Anotherbob,

If you go on a milk run charter bus could be 2 hours or so. If you go private transfer, "USA transfers" (who we use) is around 1 hour to 1 hour 20min.

Plus, you can stop and the 7/11 outside the Cancun airport and pick up some ice cold pops!!

Cheers!!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,773 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

Took us 1 hour 30 minutes going since there was a lot of traffic by PDC. Only a little over an hour to the airport. We used USA Transfer and I'd count on the longer time, especially when going home and have a flight to catch.

Campbell River...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

I agree, there are lots of factors affecting travel time. We arrived in Cancun at about 6p.m and we took the transfer included with our package. We waited about 15 min. while our driver rounded folks up.He checked that we were ok and apologized for the delay. In the end it took about 1 hour and 15 min with only one stop ahead of us. Very pleasant ride, only 6 of us in a super comfy van. No matter how you get there.......you're gonna LOVE the CRT :-D Cheers.

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

Thanks everyone. In the past we've used transport provided with the package. Can't remember the name,but they wore orange jackets.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

USA Transfers is the way to go. Direct, private, reliable.

NW CT
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

We've used USA Transfer for our last 4 visits. They are prompt and courteous, but I remember a time when it only took us 50 minutes to get to the airport. I don't know if he just couldn't wait to get two more gringos out of his country :-) or if the traffic gods were on our side!! I only wish that it happened the other way around. I think the fastest we made it was in about 75 minutes.....and I needed that welcome drink real bad!!!

Donna

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

Our transport in Jan with USA transters was 65 minutes door close to door open-we did not stop anywhere and the driver took a loop around a lot of the Playa traffic- we left the airport at 11:42 and arrived at the lobby at 12:47-on the beach by 2:)

Edited: 12 February 2011, 03:59
blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia Royal Tulum from airport

we used apple vacations, had a shared ride, we were the 4th stop out of 4, and it took 80 minutes. we also bypassed hwy 307 by playa.