We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
133 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
passport

My passport is 2 years, but since its been issued my hair is 6 inches longer & i have different glasses. Whats everyones opinions. Thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passport

Don.t worry, you want to see the changes my missus has made. Gone from short blonde hair, to shoulder length brown hair in 9 months, and now wearing glasses. Doesn't bother Customs at either England or chosen destination

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passport

You will be fine Dexter! My son changed a whole lot since he got his passport, he no longer looks like a little kid! He was OK :)

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passport

I just got mine renewed. I was barely recognizable in my last one (it was taken 11 years ago). i never once had a problem traveling. They are looking at your face.

NW CT
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passport

I can attest to the fact that they are only looking at your face. My passport expired when I was in St. Martin......not one person said a word. Makes you wonder where your hard earned tax dollars are going to.

Donna

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passport

They look at your face and then check the computer to see if you are "wanted". I can attest to that. They've been looking for someone with my same name for about 8 years now. Every time we come back into the US, I get LOTS of questions about where I live, who I work for, have I ever lived in Dallas, where do I golf, am I a "steel worker", on and on and on. With the new passport and the integrated "secret big brother is watching chip", the last time there were no questions at all. So either the chip had the required info or else maybe they finally caught the guy.

As for expiration dates on passports ... the airlines are supposed to check that before they let you out of the USA. Some countries require you to have at least 6 months left before expiration in order to enter the foreign country.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passport

While it worked in your favor, you could have had a very hard time getting back into the US. I would say you are very lucky.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passport

People lose and gain weight, they change their hair color and style. They grow and shave beards and mustaches, they get new dentures, they get glasses or contacts. Not to worry.

8. Re: passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2012, 07:19