We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Al Cielo for Family with kids??

denver, co
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Al Cielo for Family with kids??

I am hoping to stay at the Al Cielo in Xpa-Ha for 3 or 4 days in November with my family of 4 (boys 9 & 10), but see a lot of postings regarding weddings and romance. I'd love for us to stay somewhere quiet and remote, and while I think my boys are wonderful, I'm also realistic that they're kids. They run, and play and are sometimes noisy. I don't want to ruin someone's vacation by having kids on the beach, and also don't want to feel uncomfortable and be scolding them every 2 minutes for having fun either. Thoughts anyone????

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Cielo
Hotel Cielo
904 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

No first hand knowledge but noticed some info in another post - link below. Sounds very quiet. We were at the CRT down the beach. If you think your boys would enjoy this, there is a great long beach where they can go and burn off some energy if required. A lot of space on the beach where there isn't a hotel so you don't have to always worry about other people.

(this would have been too quite for my girls when they were that age but everyone is different)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499455-i9500-k4727…

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

Honestly, I think Al Cielo would be pretty boring for kids. Have you considered Akumal? Great beach and someplace like the Akumal beach Resort would offer a little more for the kids.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Cielo
Hotel Cielo
904 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Weeki Wachee...
Level Contributor
198 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

Please don't come in February when we will be there.

denver, co
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

When in February? I'll make sure to be there and bring a bunch of my kid's friends too.

Weeki Wachee...
Level Contributor
198 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

And I'll have my amigos in the drug cartels behead all of you.

denver, co
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

Not sure what "shortcomings" you may be trying to compensate for, but you've gotta chill.

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

Unless the kids would be content with playing on the beach and in the water, there's not a lot to do there. Good restaurant and beach area.

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

The beach the OP mentioned is lovely but in all honestly..I am not sure that they would be content either unless they are good w/ hanging on the beach all day...although toss in a few day trips to places like Ixcaret or Xehhal etc or a day trip to hang out at Akumal bay and snorkel etc and it may be a good blend. ?? and it's not "that' close to the CRT ..go...enjoy...

ps..lucky kids! :)

9. Re: Al Cielo for Family with kids??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 05:15