We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Simi Valley...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Rooms

Planning on going here for our 10 year anniversary and husband's 40th. Is it worth upgrading the room to a honeymoon suite? Anyone have any experience here? I heard buildings 5 and 6 have been upgraded.

EVERYWHERE
Level Contributor
527 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms

What is the resort name please....

We would sure like to help but it's too early for my mind reading skills...haha! Not enough coffee in me yet.... :)

Wyoming
Level Contributor
926 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms

Catalonia Royal Tulum, right? We were just there and stayed in building 5. Our room was renovated and it was very nice. Not sure about other rooms in buildings 5 and 6, nor do I know anything about a honeymoon suite. All I can say is that our room was just fine and we would have seen no value in paying extra for another room.

j

Simi Valley...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms

Thanks for reading my mind kjtrdgb:) Yes, Catalonia royal tulum, I reposted and forgot to include the heading, sorry!

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms

You'll hear lots of debating on whether to upgrade or not. The honeymoon suite is the same size as a standard room. It has a 4 poster bed with canopy. With the honeymoon package, you get extras like champagne and fuit in the room, passes to the spa (includes 1 massage each, additional services are extra). It may include a candlelight dinner on the beach. While this sounds romantic, if its windy, it's not that great.

We've been in bldg 1 once and bldg 6 twice. All three rooms have been partially renovated with a mix of old and new beds (all king size), old and new TV's. All had new showers and electronic safes. The bedding and curtains have been the same all three years.

Other than sleeping and "naps", you don't spend a lot of time in your room. All of them are clean and simple.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
926 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms

happy2bwarm - That's all you get for the honeymoon package? We didn't pay extra for a honeymoon room but got all the champagne we could drink at breakfast and unlimited fruit in the buffets for every meal. We had a very romantic dinner facing the beach in the steak house without being blown away by the wind. We walked south about 3 minutes and had a fantastic massage for 2 for under $100. Our beds were the most comfortable we've ever had in Mexico even though they did not have canapies over them. So with the few hundred dollars we saved by not paying for a honeymoon package, we could stay an extra couple of days and still have all the benefits.

j

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms

j,

Yep, that's how we felt about the upgrade too.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms

Imho..I agree that the champange is freeeee flowing (and yummy) at the CRT so I guess I wouldn't really pay for the upgrade....I guess I would pocket the $avings and take a walk down the beach for a couples massage and/or spend it towards a candle lit dinner w/ my feet in the sand overlooking Half Moon Bay at LaBuena Vida (go earlier for 2x1 Happy Hour first)..............that would be more worth it to me than spending moola on a room I won't really be in. These two little excursions will be memorable. Cheers ...congrats on your anniversary and his 40th bd....

PS...email ahead and let then know you are celebrating they may just suprise you will a small cake or fruit in the room.

8. Re: Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2012, 04:17