We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRT age limit

md
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
CRT age limit

We wanted to take our 17 year old daughter with us, is this going to be a problem?

La Playa Xpuha
Beaches, Beach & Pool Clubs
Bahia Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Under the Jungle
Scuba & Snorkeling
Xotik-Ha Ecopark
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,510 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CRT age limit

I would e-mail the resort and ask them.

To me, adult only means 18 but I don't know CRT's policy specifically.

Just a heads up, every resort I've ever stayed at in Mexico has asked to see my passport and that of my children, if they're with me. My son (who looks older than his years) has also always been asked his age and I'm pretty sure they checked his date of birth on his passport.

So, not that you would dream of doing such a thing, attempting to bend the rules likely isn't an option.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CRT age limit

Last June my older son got married at CRT. My younger son who was 17 at the time was not able to go because of the age restriction. Guests must be 18 to go to CRT, and let me tell you we really enjoyed CRT being adult's only!

Oh, my younger son was happy enough staying at home and being with his friends, so it all worked out :)

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CRT age limit

Hi Since the resort is Adults only the minimum age is 18

And Yes you will have to produce your passport for all guests

So sorry There are 3 other Catalonia resorts that allow children under 18 between the airport and Puerto Aventuras. In Puerto Adventuras there are two resorts in one Catalonia Yucatan and Catalonia Riviera Maya they are both on the same property one on one side and one on the other but share all eating and pool areas.

Then closer to the airport there is another 2 in one resort

Catalonia Playa Maroma and Catalonia Privileged Beach The beach at the above one is much better then the one in Puerto Aventuras the beach at the Maroma resort an the Royal Tulum are comparable.

Edited: 10 March 2012, 16:23
md
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: CRT age limit

where do i get information on the other resorts?

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CRT age limit

1 Catalonia Riviera Maya

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g153510-d240507…

2 Catalonia Yucatan Beach

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g153510-d680158…

3 Catalonia Playa Maroma

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150812-d285111…

6. Re: CRT age limit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 March 2012, 20:15
Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,505 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CRT age limit

We stayed at the Cat Riviera Maya a few years ago. It is a great place for kids of all ages The staff there is one of the best I've ever experienced. We had some special needs when we were there and our every one was met or exceeded upon request. Actually, I always recommend the Cat, as it is known, to all considering a first time AI.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CRT age limit

Since Cat Royal Tulun is out because of the age restriction I'd check out Cat Playa Maroma. I have been to all three of the Catalonia resorts in MX and I would recommend Cat Maroma over the Cat Riviera Maya. Cat Riviera Maya is the only one I wouldn't return to actually. Cat Riviera Maya has a horrible beach and IMO the pools are too small to make up for that. Service and food are very good at all three.

Wellington, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CRT age limit

I would also go to the Maroma if you are still seeking a Catalonia Resort. There are also several other options to accomodate your daughter. She would be far hapier at a resort where there are young adults closer to her age. A Mexican resort is not for our son - he is only happy on a cruiseship, where activities are the main attraction, not alcohol

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CRT age limit

We have been to CRT and CPM, the Maroma beach is awesome, but so is the Xpu Ha at CRT, we are going back to both this year, June with the kids and grands and November to CRT with friends..........ahhhhh can't wait. You will not be disappointed with the Catalonia Playa Maroma...........we had the Privilege rooms and they were very nice, food good, pool good, beach AWESOME!!

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations