We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Could anyone tell me a little more about CRT vs the other two? The only two all inclusives that I have ever stayed at are either Secrets St James or Dreams PV. We are on somewhat of a budget so it would either be the honeymoon room at CRT or the lowest at Secrets or Dreams.

Things that are important to me:

-Great beach with waves I can play in

-Free reign at a la carte restaurants with at least decent food

Things that aren't:

-as long as I have my drink refilled I couldn't care less if the entertainment staff paid absolutely no attention to me

-pools; if there is a beach worth being near you won't find me near a pool

Any help would be so so much appreciated! These decisions are very important! ;)

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Hi Karly,

I've been to a Secrets once before, in the Dominican - it was really nice and I have to say that Secrets really does have a nice reputation. But I've been at least 3 times to the CRT and it is my all time favorite all inclusive.

The beach is really beautiful, and I love the location because it's nearly private. There's no other all inclusives in the 'cove' . The water is clear, and the resort offers kayaks, snorkels and scuba lessons.

The pool is kept clean and it's very nice, overlooking the beach so you can enjoy the beach from the pool if you wish.

The a la carte restaraunts are really nice. They offer a good variety of food choices, and you don't have to make reservations. My husband loves it because he's not required to wear long slacks or closed toe shoes to dinner!

The resort offers a very laid back, relaxing atmosphere.

The wait staff, bar and service people really go out of their way to accomodate the guests.

WV
Level Contributor
3,527 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Second CRT- Capri has a poor beach, a beach/ocean lover would be disappointed. CRT is adult only, lovely beach and closer to the airport than Dreams (which is not adult only).

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

I was interested in Dreams Tulum but the reviews I read said the beach was poor. We were at Capri in 2011. Nice resort, made you feel very special but it is older and showing wear. I hear that after the storm last year the beach took a hit.

CRT is known for its beach - can't go wrong there but, for almost the same price you can go to the Valentin Imperial Maya. Was there a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice. Lots to do, beach is great on the northern end. Rooms are much nicer than CRT or Capris.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Just happened to think - don't know when you are going but, Secrets has a great price on its newest resort in Cancun - the Vine.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Thanks so much! This is my first post and everyone is so helpful! Sounds like CRT is the way to go....haven't seen anything about The Vine....?

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
161 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

The closer you are to Cancun the worse the beach is.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,489 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

You are a beach person, so forget Secrets Capri. Don't know much about Dreams Tulum, but CRT has awsome beach. Have fun.

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

I just sent you a tip sheet on the resort so maybe it will help you out.

Carolyn

Weston, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

The beach at Dreams Tulum is drop dead gorgeous.

I can't imagine how anyone could think otherwise.

www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CRT, Secrets Capri, or Dreams Tulum?

Renee59

Having looked at these pictures through the link you provided I sadly have to say, (no disrespect - not trying to offend anyone!) that I would have been extremely disappointed if a beach at the resort I am staying at looked like that. The beach looks rocky, the water dirty and I surely wouldn't like to swim there..... There is actually not much sand at all... Please compare it to the beach at CRT. It looks sooooo much better....

Again, everyone is different. I am a proper beach lover and having seen many beautiful beaches I can be quite picky. Having said that I for example can justify the rooms in a hotel as don't think they are that important....I only sleep there! I want them to be clean, thats about it.

Best regards to all!