We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

We have been to CRT 3 times and the most recent visit was when it had just changed to adults only! This last visit the pool bar only had red wine, lobby bar had white wine, no champagne. Tapas bar was the only one with champagne, which I prefer. Being an adults only I would think that champagne should be available at all the bars. We have stayed at the Palladium 3 times as well and champagne and white wine are available at all bars there.

Bahia Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
La Playa Xpuha
Beach & Pool Clubs, Beaches
Under the Jungle
Scuba & Snorkeling
Xotik-Ha Ecopark
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

The bars all have red and white wine. And, they all have a sparkling white wine. Champagne is available for purchase, if sparkling wine is not acceptable.

IMHO, it would be a VERY rare (and pricey) resort that serves real champagne as part of the A/I program. They may call it champagne, but it's almost certainly a sparkling white wine, and probably from Chile or Spain -- not from the Champagne Region of France..

Just trying to be clear in my answer to you. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Chile
Chile
South America
Spain
Spain
Europe
Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Yes I know that the resorts call it champagne and it is really sparkling wine! Good to know that this has changed since our last visit. I was told by the pool and lobby bar then that if I wanted any I would have to go to reception desk to get it . Loved the place other than that!

Thanks for the quick response, Diana..

Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Not necessarily true about only VERY expensive resorts serve champs. I have been to several 4-5 star resorts that are comparable to this one who served Veuve Cliequot Ponsardin any time we wanted, no x charge. I agree this should be available at an adults only AI. Just my opinion.

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Wow ! That particular bubbly you mentioned is $45 a bottle around here, and the resorts you stayed at let you have it anytime you want? Wow ! I stand corrected and impressed.

Edited: 12 February 2013, 00:26
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,332 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Id love to know the name of the Mexican resorts that serve all you can drink Veuve. Maybe the poster meant somewhere else?

In St Barth, where there are climate controlled liquor stores and regular ships from France, maybe, but for the most part, Champagne is not readily available on Caribbean islands or in Mexico at decent prices and stored in the best conditions. Was just on very upscale Grand Cayman at several wine stores and the Champagne prices were double NYC prices (which are pretty comparable to Paris/Reims). It just isnt economical to give the stuff away.

suitcaseready.com

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

You are correct. Not Mexico. Antigua and Barbuda, St. Lucia, and Hawaii. There was never a problem geting it at any of these destinations.

sig
Yorktown Heights
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

departuressh,

Antigua and Barbuda, St. Lucia, and Hawaii resorts cost probably more than double than CRT, so you can't expect the same liquor, so lets compare apples to apples.

Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

As I mentioned before, my friend. "Of comperable quality"....

Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Sig, Let's try to keep this forum a friendly one...

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bars at CRT that serve champagne and white wine?

Ahhhh Haaaaaa , NOT in Mexico ! OK, now I can sleep soundly tonight --- after a few glasses of cheap sparkling wine, that is ! :-)

Decent wines were quite inexpensive on St. Martin. We were pleasantly surprised and certainly took advantage of some very fine French vintages. Oh my ... the croissants, the pastries, the baguettes ... such memories.

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations