We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long should we stay at CRT?

Lawrenceville...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How long should we stay at CRT?

Hello! We are planning our trip to CRT in July- debating on how long we should stay. 7 nights? 8 nights? We are planning trips to Akumal beach and the Tulum Ruins for sure... maybe visit the other Catalonia resorts? Thanks!!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

It is hard to say, mostly depends on what you like - if you like it quiet, then you should be fine. Another Catalonia resort I would suggest to visit is Catalonia Playa Maroma - to experience the Maroma beach which is a celebrity among the beaches in Riviera Maya.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

We stayed there in 2011 for our son's wedding. Was 10 days and didn't seem long enough. I do know this from talking with real life friends and others. No matter where you go, Aruba, Jamaica, where ever.. plan on at least 5 days because it takes at least 3 days to get into vacation mode, that is when you really relax and begin to enjoy!

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

Stay as long as your budget and work schedule allows, is what I would suggest. What some people don't consider is that you really lose most of the first and last days of the stay. These end up being travel days and time at the resort is usually severely cut short. Some of our group have stayed 7 nights and say that is not long enough. Others say 10 nights is the right number for them. Personally we find 14 nights to be our preference.

As far as visiting the other Catalonia resorts in the area --- I wouldn't put that high on the activities list for a first visit to the area, unless you are wanting to do that to compare resort features and plan another visit. There are just so many other things to do in the "zone" that I think that would be a waste of time. Some ideas --- Definitely snorkeling in Akumal Bay would be very high on the list ! Then consider --- A cenote visit to swim or snorkel, go to either the Xel-Ha or Xcaret parks for the day, the Xplor zip line adventure, shop in Playa del Carmen, wander around the Tulum Pueblo, and/or the Akumal Pueblo, for a couple of hours, have lunch at either Imeldas or the Loncheria in Akumal, viisit the CEA turtle conservation organization in Akumal and learn about the sea turtles, go to another ruins such as Coba, snorkel in Yal-Ku Lagoon, on and on and on. There are so many unique things to do in the area. One thing that we have done wrong in the past, and have heard from so many other people as well is : Don't plan so many activities that you don't have time to relax !

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
171 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

Our preferred stay at CRT is 2 weeks when we have the time. Remember, also, that once you have paid for air, transfers and insurance, the marginal cost for an extra day or even a week is much smaller than you might think. Two weeks has NEVER been too long!

West Lafayette...
Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

As long as you can. Any longer is too long, and any shorter is too short.

Florida
Level Contributor
75 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

We've been there twice: first time for a week and second time for 11 days. We are headed there in 2 weeks for a 1 week stay...which I know won't be long enough, but we are bringing our 'adult boys' so cost didn't allow for a longer stay. 10-14 days is a good length to enjoy, get super relaxed, and learn what your favorite things to eat and drink are...AND to be known by the staff very well. :-)

San Francisco Bay...
Destination Expert
for Xpu-Ha
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

2 weeks is the least amount of time I will stay. But I really like 3 weeks

blaine, mn
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

Stayed 7 days twice, too short, 10 days twice, just about right, could have lasted another 2-4 days at most.

Lawrenceville...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

Thank you, guys!! Great suggestions, AnotherBob!! :) I was really pushing for 10 nights but could only manage 8 in our current situation.... Darn. So glad to hear that we won't be bored! :) Can't wait!

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long should we stay at CRT?

One thing you will never be is bored :-)

Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations