We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How bad is the smoking???

Sahuarita, Arizona
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How bad is the smoking???

We're returning to CRT in Oct and have not been to the resort since Vera Club was involved. How bad is the smokers??? I've quite allergic

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How bad is the smoking???

I am terribly allergic to cigarette/cigar smoke too. I have never had any problems with the exception of one US guy who was chain smoking cigars on the beach all one morning. Even then, it was not strong enough to be anything except annoying. The irony was that he thought he was smoking genuine Cuban cigars that he bought from the wandering beach vendor. Hah ! From the smell of them, I think they were recycled toilet paper. :-)

Yes, the Europeans (not just the Vera Club people) do seem to be heavy smokers but, with the pretty constant ocean breezes, it dissipates so quickly that I rarely even catch the slightest smell of it. Even in the evenings when there are often smokers in the lobby area, the open air nature of the lobby prevents any problems. My solution is that, if ever got bothersome, I'd simply get up and move. That hasn't happened yet.

Edited: 05 July 2013, 01:35
Sahuarita, Arizona
Level Contributor
65 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How bad is the smoking???

thanks, I'll also look for the yellow chair covers

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How bad is the smoking???

My wife and I were at CRT in April. While we definitely saw smoking, we did not think it was too bad. And my wife is would have been complaining (to me) about it and we would have had to move our seats. She is so anti-smoking/complaining sometimes she and I have words about "relaxing" so I would have heard it. I can think of only one time while she was sitting on her lounger that a couple lit up in front of her - no big deal, we just went to the bar and then in the pool for a little bit.

I think you will be fine.

4. Re: How bad is the smoking???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations