We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

Which Xpu-Ha hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

Hi!

We're heading to CRT in 8 days for our third trip there, and I was wondering if the new Thai restaurant is open every night? My wife is a strict vegetarian... Do they have, or can they make Thai vegetarian dishes? How does the food taste? Is it located at the pizza bar? Is there usually a wait for a table?

Any new shows at the theater in the evening?

This time we promised ourselves we would try to stay up and go to Coco Bongos in Playa. Is there a bus going from the resort at night? Can you buy tickets in the lobby? The cost? What time does the bus return?

Thanks to all taking the time to answer...Cheers!

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,570 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

We were at CRT the first week of April. We were moved there from CAT.

The Thai Restaurant was one of our favorites and they definitely had Vegetarian dishes. It is located in the little open air restaurant lunch place right next to the pool bar.

Not sure if it was "new" or not, but we saw the "Nightmare" show when we were there and I thought it was the best show I have ever seen at an AI.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
649 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

Coco Bongos has a rep at the resort. Just ask one of the entertainment staff and they can help you out. Many of the trips to Coco Bongos go to the Cancun Bongos. So before you plunk down the money make sure you know which one you are going to.

Polloman

Glasgow,UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

.. I believe the veggie mojitos are very good..blue agave, mmmm..

Sunny Florida
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

We saw the Coco Bongo bus leaving the resort about 9:00 pm. We heard from others that it returned to the resort around 3:00 - 4:00 am . Ticket costs seem to vary depending on what "class" of seating you want ... maybe as high as $150 per person ? It's not on our bucket list, but I am sure the CRT staff can fill you in on the details. And, yes, the Playa del Carmen Coco Bongo was closed one time when we were at CRT and the bus ride was to the club in Cancun. We heard some rather unhappy comments from a couple who endured the long ride and the multi-stops at many resorts both ways.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

Thai restaurant as said does have vegetarian dishes..the steak house had vegetarian appetizers ( You can just order a few of those) they were very nice.. they didn't have veg. main dishes there ...strange..There was always veg options at the buffet , dinner & lunch..lentils..beans..quinoa salad..and many veggies hot & cold.At the Mexican restaurant I asked if I could have the enchiladas without the chicken..They filled it with veggies & cheese..delicious..there was always fish at every meal if that's an option for you...& don't forget the veggie pizza at the snack bar at lunch!.. we usually don't go to the entertainment in the evenings much anymore but we did catch a few & they were probably some of the best we have seen in along time at any resort.. the nightmare show was good!

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

Thai food is one of the easiest to cook vegetarian. Since most ingredients are added separately it's a snap for the cook to skip the meat part. Only thing... what kind of vegetarian? Religious or fashionable? Most stocks in Thai cooking are some kind of meat based. Usually chicken or fish.

7. Re: CRT--Thai vegetarian? Night time shows? Coco Bongo trips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 06:19