We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking excursions at CRT

Dallas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Booking excursions at CRT

My husband and I are planning to book our excursions once we arrive at CRT. Do they take credit cards or cash only for the excursions?

La Playa Xpuha
Beaches, Beach & Pool Clubs
Bahia Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling
Under the Jungle
Scuba & Snorkeling
Xotik-Ha Ecopark
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

When we were in Cabo last month, we were told that federal regulations now preclude resorts (I assume onsite tour operators too) from accepting US$. Most resorts do offer a currency exchange service. Since we try not to use credit cards in Mexico, we had to exchange US$ to pesos and then give the pesos to the tour operator, which was a bit of hassle. I'm guessing you will have the same experience at CRT.

Slightly off topic, but CRT is in close proximity to the main road where colectivos run. This is one of the reasons we are returning to CRT next month. We plan to use the colectivos for our excursions, probably to Playa Del Carmen, Tulum El Paraiso Beach, and maybe Akumal again. .Just an idea, but very easy to do!

Rio

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,460 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

Where do you want to go

As blame said, very easy to go most places via a colectivo or taxi

Dallas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

Were thinking of doing the tulum tour. Also, I want to go swim with the dolphins. Do you recommend any specific website to book It through?

Dallas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

Were thinking of doing the tulum tour. Also, I want to go swim with the dolphins. Do you recommend any specific website to book It through?

Dallas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

So do you recommend just catching collectivo/taxi and just paying the fee once arriving at the location? Or does one have to make reservations for excursions? Were planning to go to tulum ruins, zip lining , horseback riding, and swim with the dolphins.

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

The only activity mentioned that I can speak for is the Tulum ruins. Yes, I do recommend the colectivo for that trip.

Just walk outside of the CRT gates and cross the road to catch a southbound colectivo. Tell the driver you want to go to the Tulum Ruins. 30-40 pesos per person each way. Once dropped off by the colectivo, you will walk the half mile, or so, or catch the train (more like a tractor cart people mover) to the ruins entrance.

If you want a guide, don't worry, they will find you as you make your way to the entrance.

Last time I was there, it was 51 pesos each to enter the ruins. There's a very nice small beach inside the ruins, so wear a swimsuit, if so inclined. Since it gets very hot inside the ruins, I suggest you go earlier in the morning and bring bottled water with you.

There are many shops and places to eat outside the ruins entrance area.

Also, if inclined, you can also walk or take a cab down the road leading south after exiting the ruins to find the best beach (in my opinion) in the area. We like to use the El Paraiso Beach Club as a break from the AI world.

All is very easy to do.

Rio

Edited: 18 August 2014, 16:00
7. Re: Booking excursions at CRT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Xpu-Ha
Recent Conversations