We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Crewe

Which Crewe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,335 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Crewe

Where do you recommend I stay in Crewe? 3 to 4 star would be OK.

Luigi

3 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Crewe

To be blunt, I wouldn't recommend a stay in Crewe for a tourist. I've nothing against the residents but I'm sure even they would agree there are much nicer towns to visit - Nantwich is close by for example.

But if you have a real reason to stay in the town then the newish Ramada is the best of a pretty poor bunch. Purpose bulit about 4 years ago, t has everythign you'd expect of a modern 3 star hotel.

If you have a car, then a couple of miles out of town the Crewe Hall is a lovely jacobean style old mansion that's been a popular and successful hotel for many years. The wood panneling is very special and well worth a visit to see.

Please let us have more details of your trip and needs if you need any more suggestions.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,335 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Crewe

Thanks, CC.

My maternal grandmother came from Crewe in 1910, so it's really just a sentimental thing that I've been meaning to get around to doing on my occasion visits to the Old Dart.

I'll take a look at Crewe Hall.

Thanks for finding my post here. :)

Luigi

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,062 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Crewe

Crewe Hall would be top pick. I stayed at the Holiday Inn on Macon Way recently and it was very comfortable, but the rooms don't have windows which I thought was a bit offputting.

I also agree that Crewe is a bit of a dump - I lived very near there for several years so have some qualification to make that statement. Nantwich is much nicer, but with fewer hotels on offer. The Crown right in the centre of town is lovely, very old, quirky, and not cheap, but the food is excellent.

There's also Rookery Hall, just outside of Nantwich, and the Bear's Paw at Warmingham, both of which I can recommend.

Reply to: Hotels in Crewe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crewe