We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there parking at Glossop train station?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is there parking at Glossop train station?

I'm on a training course near the Lowry in Salford next Monday starting 9:30am. I've been there twice before and it took 2 hours to drive it from my home west of Barnsley thanks to the traffic on the A/M57. I thought I might go over Woodhead but then take the steep road down to Glossop well before the horrendous bit near The Gun pub.

Is it possible to turn up and park close to Glossop station about 8am on a Monday?

8 replies to this topic
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,430 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

Not sure if this helps :

…parkopedia.co.uk/parking/…

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

nationalrail.co.uk/stations/glo/details.html

says no - but its map shows an adjacent supermarket with a car park

No idea what the restrictions are though

Sheffield
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

Thanks both. I fear the supermarket patrols if it's like closer to home. I'll try the parkopedia one if there are spaces - if I'm lucky someone who knows the station or area can tell me what chance I have of getting a space there or nearby at 8am.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

I seem to remember, but it's a few years ago, that the supermarket car park was for customers only. There were a few spaces at the front of the station which again I think were disabled parking only.

It may be possible on a nearby street but I can't remember the restrictions. I do remember a big car park nearby across the lights and on the left but it was a few years ago.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

National Rail says there is no car park then marks one on its map at nationalrail.co.uk/stations/…

Dinting the next station in looks a better bet on Google Earth.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

Ta. I'll just go very early then and can always drive to Dinting if it's chocca.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

It turned out to be easy. Three minutes walk from the station was a well-lit car park with about 30 spaces - only 5 were taken - and it was £2.20 to park 7:30am to 7pm. "Edward Street Glossop" in google finds it. I might also have squeezed into a space outside someone's house to park all day for free. The Co-op supermarket literally next to Glossop station also had plenty of spaces but that would have been £10.

The drive there took a while because currently there are temporary traffic lights by the Torside reservoir. The queue backed up the A628 beyond the junction with the B6105 so I was in first gear or stood still for about twelve minutes, but after that it was easy.

Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there parking at Glossop train station?

There are about a dozen or so free spaces outside the station, but drive a mile or so up the hill, turn left at the staggered crossroads & Dinting station (the next stop), has ample free parking.

Alternatively park in a side street, Glossop is quite safe!

Reply to: Is there parking at Glossop train station?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glossop
Recent Conversations