We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thirsk Railway Station

Shaftesbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Thirsk Railway Station

Hats off to the booking clerk. He was very helpful when I turned up (by car) on a Saturday afternoon and wanted a day return to Newcastle-upon-Tyne. However (word of warning) he didn't mention that it's virtually impossible to get back to Thirsk from Newcastle after 4pm. I took the 1726 and changed at Darlington (1800), only to discover that the next train to get me to Thirsk wasn't for 80mins and that I'd have to change at Northallerton and wait there for a further hour. Fortunately, the 'train manager' realised this and allowed me to carry on to York and return back to Thirsk rather than die of exposure on a Northallerton platform. So it took me a total of 3hrs20mins to get back from Newcastle to Thirsk when the outward journey was just an hour.

1. Re: Thirsk Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Thirsk