We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halwyn Daintree Secrets Acccommodation

Hobart
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Halwyn Daintree Secrets Acccommodation

Hi, has anyone stayed at this luxury accommodation in Cape Tribulation - cant see any reviews on the site but would like to treat the family on our trip in Sept although I must admit I am a little nervous about the bugs and crocs with two boys in tow - 10 & 13 years. Any advice would be appreciated - Wendy.

Geelong
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halwyn Daintree Secrets Acccommodation

We stayed there a year ago (Oct 2009). It was a big dissapointment. Beautiful location & once a beautiful property, but allowed to fall far from grace. We too, were concerned about the crocs & I hoped the locals would be the same as Vic coast people are with sharks (as in don't worry about it). Unfortunately they all said you can swim in the sea, but be careful, keep your eyes open, only swim in clear water etc. The water wasn't clear & we only paddled & didn't see anybody swimming, excpet for 1 or 2 in the netted area of Port Douglas. Next time, we'll holiday further south where you don't have to worry about crocs eating your kids.

Hobart
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halwyn Daintree Secrets Acccommodation

Hi Frank, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately we have already stayed at The Daintree Secrets and it was as you said. The gorgeous red couch on the polished boards in the photo on their website is now a faded pink with smelly cushions and the floorboards are scratched, dull and dirty. There was no power when we arrived and were advised by the 'gardener' to only use one fan and one light that night. We later discovered the torch in the battery was flat and all the candles were burnt out. Next mornng when my husband went to take a shower the shower head was broken and unusable so we had to share with the kids on the first floor. The house was dirty and rundown and certainly not worth the top dollar we paid to stay at this so called 'luxury' accommodation.

3. Re: Halwyn Daintree Secrets Acccommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Cape Tribulation