We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach camping cape trib

Which Cape Tribulation hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
marketing
5 posts
Save Topic
beach camping cape trib

can anyone recommend a beach to camp on- romantic with out crocs a. secluded but maybe a short drive away from some civilization

thank you

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach camping cape trib

Noah Beach

You can only camp in designated camping areas as the area is under the guidance of UNESCO and the QNP rangers will boot you if they find you in a non-designated area.....

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,706 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach camping cape trib

seriously - I hope you are not actually thinking about camping on a beach??!! Last time I checked the crocs cant read the signs that say no crocodiles.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach camping cape trib

(face palm)

Camp 50 meters or more from the water's edge and don't swim after dark - no matter how tempting it seems (or drunk you get !). You will be fine. I spent years sleeping on beaches in a swag without a tent on Cape York and you will be pleased to hear I am not dead yet.....

marketing
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beach camping cape trib

thanks tony

from what i hear, a few people camp on the beach...

looking at 2 days only....

how many rangers will i see at Noah beach?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beach camping cape trib

Noah Beach is a designated camp site and the rangers up there are pretty easy to get along with as long as you're showing due respect to this amazing area.....

It is a stunning spot (in fair weather) but pack your mozzie coils and repellent !! :).

Edited: 08 July 2013, 23:08
6. Re: beach camping cape trib

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 07:18