We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snapper Island overnight tour on sea kayak + Jungle surfing

Which Daintree hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
994 posts
217 reviews
Save Topic
Snapper Island overnight tour on sea kayak + Jungle surfing

I have posted this on the Cairns forum (mistake) and wondered if anyone has done this before who would comment. We are a family of 3, 1 child of 13 and was planning to do this with a short stay at Cow Bay. We also planned on doing the jungle surfing on one of the day. Any comments on both these would be very much appreciated.

Daintree
Level Contributor
349 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snapper Island overnight tour on sea kayak + Jungle surfing

HI Hotspice Australia,

I may be too late with this reply, but here it is anyway.

I know there is day trips to Snapper Island with Sea Kayaks with a great company called Back COuntry Bliss Adventures. It is subject to calm wind conditions, but on a calm day- absolutely beautiful. YOu do need a resonable amount of fitness and expereince as it is a long paddle. Amazing when you're there at Snapper. It s a conservation zone- so only other private boat owners (local fisherman etc) can go there, no other large tour groups. I am not aware of an overnight tour.

Jungle Surfing is becoming more popular with all their marketing and the array of awards they have won recently. Great fun, safe and kids love it! My advice call them or get an agent to call on your behlaf and pre-book!! 85 dollars per person- no kids rates. Located at Cape Trib and I believe they can do p/ups from local accomm.

Have fun!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snapper Island overnight tour on sea kayak + Jungle surfing

That seems like a lot of money, $85. I don't recall it being that expensive a few years ago. It was fun but does not seem to be worth the increased cost.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snapper Island overnight tour on sea kayak + Jungle surfing

We were booked on this one a few years ago www.crocodyluscapetrib.com/seakayaks.htm. Unfortunately the week we were up there was very windy and the tour got cancelled...but it sounded like a great trip.

4. Re: Snapper Island overnight tour on sea kayak + Jungle surfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2010, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Daintree