We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KSR gold class

Which Kuranda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
KSR gold class

hi everyone,

has anyone been on the trip, i really want to do the railway, and, i do like a bit of luxury...

is it worth the extra $45pp? what do you actually get for that???

Cheers

Ally

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KSR gold class

If I did it again, I probably would go for the upgrade for one reason - padded seats! We had the normal wooden benches in cattle class and it looks like the GC seats are a lot better:

tourstogo.com.au/images/…0389d0d0.jpg

From the website

ksr.com.au/the_tour/…KSR_Gold_Class.asp

"Sipping on sparkling wine or a cold beer and savouring delicious finger foods whilst enjoying the breathtaking natural wonders will add a totally new and very memorable dimension to the world famous Kuranda Scenic Railway.

The distinctive Heritage Green carriage adorned with its brass insignias and plush Victorian-inspired interior will form the ambient surroundings for this great rail experience.

The romance of a journey from yesteryear will be further enhanced by your KSR Gold Class Attendant who will look after your every need. Excellent service will be complemented by their knowledge of the wonderful stories and enthralling legends of this magnificent region.

And whilst you immerse yourself in the spectacular scenery and the inspiring story of the construction of the railway you will enjoy refreshments served to your individual seat. Local produce tastings of Atherton Tableland produce will tantalise your tastebuds. A wonderful complimentary souvenir pack including a pewter stick-pin, a postcard and postage to anywhere in the world will complete the splendid KSR Gold Class experience."

sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KSR gold class

thanks for the info... I have booked a gold class ticket... i really dont like being squashed in!!!

and, i wont have a good time if squashed in with others, (i get a bit funny bout that!!!)

and, the thought, of after a long day in kuranda, Sitting down on a comfy seat, and sucking back a beer does wonders for my money worries... (i think it will be well worth it?)

Oh, your profilr pic is so cute, just wanna go and do snow bunny thing s with you!!! ;o)

gk
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KSR gold class

Hehe have fun! I'm a child of the sun, honestly! :p

sydney
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KSR gold class

thanks sweet. i lok forward to enjoying the tropical sunshine!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

5. Re: KSR gold class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2010, 06:25