We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mission Beach Shores?? (beach bungalows)

Which Mission Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newington, Ct
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mission Beach Shores?? (beach bungalows)

Thanks to all your friendly advice, we've decided to conclude our upcoming holiday w/ a few days at mission beach.

Now its on to finding accomodations - does anyone have reviews of Mission Beach Shores? i know its fairly new so i'm wondering if thats why its difficult to find info. The pictures look wonderful and the prices are right.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mission Beach Shores?? (beach bungalows)

This reply is probably a bit late for you.

I've stayed at Mission Beach Shores on 2 occassions. They consist of 4 bungalows plus a laundry and small swimming pool. The bungalows are modern. king beds, good kitchenette, table on the verandah. Very laid back and quite private. A walk across the road to a sandy beach. You will need transport as they are on Wongaling Beach, a southern offshoot from Mission beach village but around 5 miles from the village. You can rent small cars or motor scooters in Mission Beach. It's a 1 hour walk along the beach but only at low tide with wet feet.

Another option is Eco Village at the north end of Mission Beach and more convenient to bars and restaurants.

There are also numerous holiday homes that can be rented for a few days.

This is a useful site for all things Mission Beach.

http://mymissionbeach.com/

I assume that you are aware that November will be entering the hot wet season. This effects everywhere from Townsville north with Mission Beach one of the wettest areas.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,076 posts
1,390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mission Beach Shores?? (beach bungalows)

we stayed at sejala huts at Mission Beach and they are gorgeous (only 3 huts right on the beach). There is a stinger net on Mission Beach for swimming as its stinger season in November. I highly recommend these huts.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499675-d570…

Castaways is another hotel directly situated on the beach.

3. Re: Mission Beach Shores?? (beach bungalows)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 04:19