We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!! Luggage Query!!

Manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!! Luggage Query!!

I am visiting Mission Beach on a world wind tour for approx 5 hours. We are coming in by Bus from Townsville but have suitcases with us (Not doing the backpacker thing...) I have no idea where we could possibly store our suitcases for the short time we are there so we can explore the area. Any ideas?!?! I have contacted numerous hostels/hotels about paying a fee for them to store them for us but they are all saying that as we are not staying in the resort they would not be able to help... Please let me know any ideas!!! Cheers!!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,132 posts
1,403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!! Luggage Query!!

Are you thinking of going over to Dunk Island ??

or are you just planning on strolling around the town and beach. If so, the town is tiny and will just take 10mins to see it all. The beach is lovely to explore.

If you are planning to take the ferry over to Dunk Island, then you may be able to store your gear at the wharf's tourist information office.

Have you contacted Castaway Resort, its the largest in town and would have the facilities to store your luggage.

The only other option is to hire a car from town, If wanting to hire a car in Mission beach try SugarLand Car Rentals located at 30 Wongaling Road. Tel : (07)4068 8272

or contact the tourist information centre for advice.

info@missionbeachtourism.com

Porter Promenade

Mission Beach

Phone (07) 4068 7099

Good Luck ☺ ☺

Manchester
Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!! Luggage Query!!

I am not 100% sure what is in Mission to be honest, I just want to go and see it as we pass through. Would you recommend going over to Dunk Island then? I will try and contact the office there and see if they would be able to help me. We weren't planning on hiring a car as we are only there from 11am to 5:30pm, but would you suggest that this would be a good idea? What else is there to do in Mission?

Thanks!!

3. Re: HELP!! Luggage Query!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 00:18