We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Mission Beach

Gloucestershire
14 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Mission Beach

We are thinking of staying at the Sejala Beach Huts towards the end of December. As these are right on the beach we are slightly worried the weather may not be consistently dry. Can anyone give us some help?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,293 posts
1,478 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Mission Beach

I have stayed at Sejala Beach huts - they are lovely..very romantic, rustic and in a top location.

The weather in December can be very iffy around this region plus its stinger season which means you cannot swim in the ocean without a stinger suit.

However, Mission Beach does have a protected netted ocean swimming pool and there is also a small swimming pool in the resort. Our last visit was in November and we had perfect weather. I guess it all comes down to the luck of the gods !

The rain usually starts in January and Mission beach does get a heavy downfall through the summer months (Wet Season) Mission Beach is one of the rainiest places in Australia usually the worst month is January.

For more info about Mission Beach click on the thread below.

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18947-Getting_…

Hotel review.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499675-d570…

Gloucestershire
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Mission Beach

Many thanks for that information. We are thinking of going further south and staying on Magnetic Island but will the weather be iffy there too, and will there also be jellyfish?

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
400 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Mission Beach

Could be drier on Magnetic Island, but wouldn't bet on it. Stayed there one recent January which should be wetter than December and it did not rain once in entire week.

Yes, Magnetic Island is affected by marine stingers, but to compensate it has koalas in the wild.

Gloucestershire
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Mission Beach

Coming from England I expected the whole of Australia to be bathed in sunshine in December! Now confused... Our trip so far has explored Cairns and Daintree, gone inland to Undara, back to Mission Beach and then we had hoped to do snorking on Magnetic Island in the sun. We could easily go further south (maybe by train) - can anyone recommend some sunny islands at the end of December?

5. Re: Weather in Mission Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2010, 05:18