We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mission Beach - Wongaling and South Mission

north balwyn
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mission Beach - Wongaling and South Mission

We are considering going to Mission Beach in Sept/Oct and I was wondering what the difference is if we stay in Wongaling or South Mission rather than Mission Beach itself. We have 2 children aged 7 and 8. We are looking at renting a house and the ones we like are in Wongaling and South Mission.

Level Contributor
1,054 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mission Beach - Wongaling and South Mission

The best part of the beach IMHO is the northern end in "old" Mission Beach. I've stayed at Sth Mission with my kids in the caravan park and it was OK but we were more into offshore activities so it worked out well - good beach. But all the best shops, cafes and restaurants are in the old part.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,708 posts
1,642 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mission Beach - Wongaling and South Mission

I prefer Mission Beach - its has all the restaurants / cafes and shops close at hand. Everything is walking distance. Sth Mission would be closer than Wongaling.

If you have a car then its not really a problem where you rent..its all beautiful and one of my favourite spots in Queensland.

For more info on Mission Beach click on the link below.

Have Fun,

3. Re: Mission Beach - Wongaling and South Mission

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 06:17