We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's Mission Beach like at Easter?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
What's Mission Beach like at Easter?

We're planning to stay a few days at Mission Beach (village area) at the start of Easter to break the trip from Cairns to Townsville. Just been at Port Douglas where quite a few shops and restaurants have been closed for February.

I'd assume for the school holidays, everything would be open?

How busy is it at this time of the year? Should we bother to book accommodation?

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
1,537 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's Mission Beach like at Easter?

Hi,

Easter is usually a busy time anywhere in Australia. I would book accommodation to avoid any disappointments.

Check on wotif for availability leading up to Easter. It usually gives you a good picture on what is happening.

Edited: 15 February 2013, 11:48
Queensland...
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's Mission Beach like at Easter?

I had a look at one of the local accommodation booking sites, and I was a bit surprised at how few places had any bookings over Feb, March and April. I guess everyone leaves their bookings to the last possible minute, especially during the wet season in FNQ.

Blackwater...
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's Mission Beach like at Easter?

Easter and September holidays is when a lot of people go to north Qld, the weather is beautiful, much more comfortable without the humidity and the jellyfish. I would definitely think of pre-booking especially if you are talking about school holiday time, you'll avoid disappointment and be able to pick exactly where you want to stay, particulary if you are staying in the holiday/caravan parks

Queensland...
Level Contributor
132 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's Mission Beach like at Easter?

Yep, I just had a look at Stayz, and there are a few places booked out now.

Reply to: What's Mission Beach like at Easter?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted