We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet Friendly Caravan Park - Brisbane Southside

Emu Park, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Pet Friendly Caravan Park - Brisbane Southside

Hi

We are planning a holiday and will be travelling through Brisbane in November 2014. We have our own van, need a powered site, & our pet will be travelling with us. I'm amazed for a city that Brisbane has such few caravan parks that are pet friendly. I've found three via google and forums, but they don't have good reviews on various sources:

(1) Galaxy Caravan Park opposite Logan Hyperdome - all I've read is that it is noisy as it is close to the freeway. At the moment this is looking like the top choice as we'll be there for 3 nights and if this is the only negative comment, then a small sleeping tablet dose may be the way to go :-)

(2) Sheldon Caravan Park at Eight Mile Plains near Garden City shopping complex - this hasn't had great reviews, noisy due to location near freeway, permanent residents drinking and noisy late at night.

(3) Jacobs Well Tourist Park - midges and mossie biting all the time, noisy due to proximity to boat ramp and bright lights from boat ramp car park.

I'm wondering if anyone can give any comments re their stay at any of these parks and what they honestly thought of them OR if anyone has any other pet friendly suggestions for decent caravan parks on the south side of Brisbane.

Thnx for your help

Katie

:-)

2 replies to this topic
Daintree, Australia
Destination Expert
for Daintree
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet Friendly Caravan Park - Brisbane Southside

Suggest you post this on the Brisbane forum - Sarina is about 900 km further north.

Emu Park, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet Friendly Caravan Park - Brisbane Southside

Thnx Sunbird - I am a Qlder but new to this forum so didn't realise I'd posted to wrong area. Will repost. Hava nice weekend :-)

Reply to: Pet Friendly Caravan Park - Brisbane Southside
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sarina