We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Port Elliot - SA

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation in Port Elliot - SA

Has anyone stayed at the Port Elliot Hotel or can anyone recommend a good hotel in Port Elliot

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Port Elliot - SA

I presume you mean the Hotel Elliot??? The only other pub in town is the Royal Family Hotel on North Terrace (the main road between victor harbor and goolwa.

Can I ask what budget you are looking at ? There are some lovely places around and in Port Elliot but so many different standards. Do you want to have a view of the beach? Do you particularly need to be IN port elliot itself.. do you want to be in the main street down to the bay or up on the highway? Is there a reason you want to stay in a hotel? How many people for how many nights?

Generally I stay in holiday houses down at Port Elliot rather than a hotel because I like sea views. Unfortunately I can't give you a review of the Port Elliot Hotel but neither pub has views of stunning horseshoe bay so if you are looking for views then they won't be suitable. Judging by the tariff rate at the Hotel Elliot I would expect a fairly average pub room. Make sure you check if there's a band on if you are the type who doesn't like music keeping you up late.

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Port Elliot - SA

Thanks so much!

Probably wanting to spend about $100 a night.

We are there for a wedding so will only be there for two days in Feb-

we wouldn't want to be too off the beaten track as we'll have to get to and

from the wedding.

There are only 2 of us - a view would be great, but I think we care most that the room is as nice as possible.

Destination Expert
for Adelaide, South Australia, Kangaroo Island
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Port Elliot - SA

If you can tell me where the wedding will be I can try to locate you as close as possible. If the wedding is at the pub then stay there.. if only for the sake of convenience. The geography of Port Elliot is that most of the town is high up on the hill but the main attraction is horseshoe bay.. a quaint lovely little beach right down the bottom. If the wedding and reception were down at the Flying Fish then I'd recommend you take a cabin at the holiday park right next door. If the wedding were up in the main part of town (ie near the main road) then the pub would be fine. It's a bit of a hike up and down the hill, especially if you're dressed up for a wedding :)

4. Re: Accommodation in Port Elliot - SA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Port Elliot