We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Akron OH
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

We are going to a wedding in Aug at the gardens. We will need a hotel that is close by to stay in. The bride & groom stated the Glidden House, but we really dont want to dish out that much money to just crash at the end of the night...

So does anyone have any suggestions? They also stated The Hyatt. Is that near by? We've stayed there before and enjoyed it.

Does Priceline work with any of these hotels that we could get a good deal?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
241 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

We've stayed in Cleveland a few times with Priceline. I guess the question is how close you really have to be. Downtown is the most reasonable for nearby and I didn't really feel it was a bad drive to the University Circle area (its mostly reverse commuting if you're going out in the morning and coming back in the evening). We've stayed at the following hotels all on Priceline and all downtown: Hyatt, Crown Plaza and Embassy Suites. All were fine 3* hotels. Its only about 20 minutes from downtown even with traffic. The main negative thing for all these hotels is parking (expect $20-$25).

Sharon

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

Try the Alcazar. It's in the same neighborhood but cheaper. A little more run down, but that doesn't really matter if you're just going to crash. http://thealcazar.com/

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

I would try the Glidden Inn - it is located in the Unversity Circle area, and has rooms - very nice - www.gliddenhouse.com. Or, the Baricelli Inn - www.baricelli.com - they are also a large house, with a wonderful restaurant, and they also have some nice rooms - seven suites.

Otherwise, if you don't want to spend the money, try the Hilton Garden Inn located in Downtown Cleveland - close to Jacobs Field.

Priceline doesn't really give you the name of the hotel, so it is hard to say where you will end up.

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

Londonlady, the Glidden house is where the bride & groom suggested already, but they thought it was too pricey. I too worry about the downtown parking prices like the other poster said. What do you think about the Alcazar?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

The Alcazar is the closest hotel that would have reasonable price - it is not glamourous, but if you just want a pillow for your head, it should do the trick. Everything else nearby, like the Glidden House, the Baricelli Inn or the Intercontinental Hotel would be very expensive.

Cleveland Heights...
Level Contributor
196 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

I've been to the Alcazar and it's a very interesting place - if the weather is good the courtyard is a great place to hang out. It's in a mixed commercial/residential area that has restaurants, grocery store, coffee shops, general stores and a pharmacy. I think you'd be comfortable there. Their website says that room rates start at $89.00.

However, the Glidden House is VERY nice, top-line amenities - and it's walking distance from the gardens. I checked their website, and some rooms are as low as $98.00! If you can get that type of rate, go for the Glidden, it's worth it. Look into it now, because many days (esp. weekends) are already booked during wedding season. http://www.gliddenhouse.com

Akron OH
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I appreciate it!!!!

8. Re: hotels near Cleveland Botanical gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 06:19