We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Cleveland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salem, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

Hello,

My husband and I will be in Cleveland for 3 days starting July 22. We are going to a couple of Indians games. I was wondering if there are any beaches nearby to go to during the day. We're staying at the Hyatt Arcade and we'll have a car. Any other suggestions for things to do during the day? We've already been to the RR HOF and aren't really interested in going again.

Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,912 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

The closest beach is at Edgewater Park just west of downtown on Route 2. Further out in Bay Village is Huntington Beach.

Our zoo is wonderful - very nice - we have a beautiful rainforest area and a great section that has alot of Australian animals. The zoo is very close to downtown - just off W.25th street.

You could spend some time in the University Circle area - that is where all the museums are located. Plus, you are very close to Little Italy with several great Italian restaurants and many art galleries.

www.universitycircle.org.

If you like football, the Football Hall of Fame is located in Canton, OH - an hour south of Cleveland - off I-77.

For shopping, visit either Crocker Park in Westlake (west of Cleveland), or Beachwood Place in Beachwood (east of Cleveland), near Legacy Village.

Other Cleveland websites:

www.cleveland.com

www.coolcleveland.com

www.pluggedincleveland.com

www.cityprowl.com (for audio tours of the architecture of Cleveland)

Enjoy your stay!

Ashland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

Hi Cathleen02,

Don't know how far you are willing to drive out of downtown, but if you want to drive about 30-40 minutes you could go to Headlands Beach. It is a nice beach in a nice area.

www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/headlnds.htm

It is also near shopping and places to eat in the city of Mentor.

Take care,

Snowbrdgrl

Orrville,Ohio
Level Contributor
29 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

Hi

If you are into driving , head east one hour to a little town on the lake called Geneva On The Lake a very cool town to visit.

http://www.visitgenevaonthelake.com/

Bill

Salem, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

Thank you all for you suggestions!

5. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 12:19