We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

Boston MA
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

Hi Everyone,

We just got back from our vacation in San Francisco to see the Giants play and I always feel the best way to get over the depression of unpacking is to start thinking of next year....my family and I are big baseball fans and were thinking of heading out to to Cleveland and Pittsburgh for baseball games for next year. Is it something that can be done in the same week? My husband loves to drive, so that is no problem and we would be flying in from the Boston area.

Thank you so much!

PRmom

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

Absolutely!! It's only a couple of hours from Cleveland to Pitt. Sounds like a great time.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

Thank you!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

You'll love PNC Park

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
918 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

You will like both ballparks. Both Jacobs Field and PNC are nice parks - hard to beat PNC, but the Jake is pretty good too.

We are leaving Tuesday to visit family in Northeast Ohio and have Indians tickets Wednesday and Pirates tickets Sunday.

Flying in from Boston, check the airfares to both Cleveland and Pittsburgh. You can make things work from either place.

If you are amusement park fans, you can check out Cedar Point about an hour west of Cleveland and Kennywood, just south of Pittsburgh. I love Kennywood - great old amusement park with some top notch wooden coasters.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

PNC is a beautiful park, esp at night. (even though the pirates are terrible this year, maybe next year will be better?). check out airfares on skybus, they fly into columbus from boston... really cheap. cleveland and pittsburgh are a 1.5 hour and 2.5 hour drive from columbus.

Boston MA
Level Contributor
77 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

Just wanted to say thank you everyone!

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

My friends and I just took a baseball trip.

We flew to Detroit on Sat. and seen the tigers play.

The next day we drove Aprox. 2 1/2 hours to cleveland and seen the indians play.

We stayed in cleveland for an additional day and went to the rock and roll hall of fame.

The following day we drove 2 hours to pitsburg and seen the pirates.

From pitsburg we flew home to NY the next day.

In four days we went to 3 ballparks and the Rock and Roll hal of fame.

A Great Trip!

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

Cleve and Pitts should also include a trip to the Football Hall of Fame, classic, just utterly priceless.

9. Re: Ballgames in Cleveland and Pittsburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 01:18