We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

Charlotte
2 posts
Save Topic
Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

Staying at Embassy Suites downtown-good?

Place to eat for a preconcert drink and burger? Place to hang after the concert...

Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

Embassy suites should be fine - preconcert there are several places. For a good, cheap meal with beers check out the Winking Lizard Tavern located around 9th and Huron - very close to the Q arena. There are several restaurants in that area, and some on East 9th Street but I think Winking Lizard has the best food for the value.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

Forgot to mention after the concert - the Warehouse District on W. 6th and W. 9th between Lakeside and Superior is probably the best place to go after the concert.

Charlotte
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

Awesome-thanks for your input! I am so excited to go see Genesis...your input will help make this an awesome night!!!

Park Forest, IL
Level Contributor
319 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

London Lady is right I stayed at the Embassy for a Springsteen concert about 5 years ago and it was ok. The arena is within walking distance and I second the Winking Lizard recommendation very good sports bar type of place. Also if you like Peter Gabriel era Genesis check out The Musical Box they are a Genesis tribute band that recreates Peter era Genesis unbelievably well right down to the costumes and slides. Steve Hackett and Phil Collins have played with them and Peter and Mike have attended their concerts. It's like "Taking a little trip back".

5. Re: Genesis Concert-9/29-Need guidance/opinion??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 13:15